The very first FTX England Screenshot!

Hello all,

These are indeed exciting times for Orbx with our FTX England region about to enter solid beta testing before release within the next six weeks.

We will begin a series of screenshot previews and also some videos and you will see some excellent interpretations of the product from our resident screenshot artists Ian Emms and Mark Adbey over the next few weeks.

Meantime, here's the artwork for a full-page advertisement which will appear in the Nov-Dec issue of PC-PILOT, which should hit newstands soon. It shows a screen capture un-edited from the sim and also some EGHR Goodwood shots.

I hope this teaser will hold you in good stead until our preview campaign steps up soon :)

Posted Image

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again the rolling landscape and the placement of the trees and the structures makes the scenery so plausible. Impatiently patient for the product, and with Orbx we can be certain that you will keep the line moving and RTM as soon as possible.

John,

I can see by the screenshot that the UK scenery is shaping up to be another absolutely great product, I was just curious as to how you folk will be doing the release in terms of the whole package overall, will you be doing it in a similar vein to Australia, with the whole continent as one, or doing maybe England 1st, then Wales, Scotland, Ireland and so on, with airport addons to follow, it certainly will be worth getting either way, can I put my deposit now............

regards

John MacDonald

EGGC Manchester airport done too would be heavenly for me and the NGX:-):-):-):-). Lookn excellent this and those lovely fields:-). Great stuff guys cant wait.

Jimmy

+1

+1 me too, Im like a kid in a sweetshop waitin for this release ha.

Jimmy

Something wrong with the UK2000 rendition of Manchester? ???

Agree. No need to start redoing the UK2000 Xtreme series. I do hope they're compatible though are that Gary makes them compatible (does OrbX allow?)

Given my investments in UK2000 Xtreme airports, this might determine if I buy OrbX England.

Something wrong with the UK2000 rendition of Manchester? ???

Hi Bruce, I have not really looked into the UK2000 products so forgive my ignorance. I have only Orbx scenery installed on my machine and it would be nice to just have one vendor for terrain installed thats all. If there are no plans to do this fine airport Orbx style then I will look into the UK2000 fields for the whole of the UK. Id just love Orbx to do a couple of major airports in the UK while its our time to get the treatment. There going for the globe so while its UK time lets get as many airports done til its too late :) . Im grateful for anything they do in the UK, Its a day I couldnt see coming at all but its happening now ;) .

Cheers

Jimmy

We will certainly be doing NGX compatible airports in the UK, beginning with Southampton International, the hub for FlyBe's 737 fleet. Russ White is working on that project.

I would wait until FTX England is released before investing in 3rd party airports - all the UK airports will have been given the Orbx makeover anyway so get the region first and then wait for reports from customers who are using 3rd party non-Orbx airports with it.

Remember, it's not our role to make our FTX England terrain region compatible with anyone's airports. Yes, we are matching the mesh and elevations as best we can but beyond that we won't be doing any colour matching or other mods to the terrain textures.

We make the sandpit, and our airports sit on top of it. If other airport developers want to leverage the Orbx customer base then they should release patches for their airports to blend them into FTX, not the other way round :)

Fair point John. Much easier way of doing it.

I never invested in the VFR Photographic scenery, mainly because I like the UK to look wintery in winter, and flying at night is a little odd without lights on the ground below you. That said - the default daytime scenery - even with UTX and GEX - is still woeful. Night-time is admittedly better. But this will be a quantum leap forwards and I'm really looking forward to it!

Goodwood looks excellent.

Compatibility with ES scenery presumably will now be built in to ORBX given your agreement with Darren and Vicki.

Compatibility with UK2000, well - anything would be good, but willing to wait and see what you add yourselves in terms of the regional airports - and then measure it up against Gary's work.

I'm guessing EGLL and other similarly sized UK airports won't be on your dev list... given your previous statements on developing such large airports?

I'd love to see southend airport get the Orbx treatment..

Only recently Easy Jet started flying from there.so ngx would be amazing

Not too big airport but the surrounding scenery and the tides at Southend goes out for miles.. this would look.great enhanced by Orbx

Well done ORBX team UK looking forward to the release.

I hope the "Lake district" near Windermere will be given some special attention including the lake cruisers see http://www.windermer...ecruises.co.uk/ new from ORBX "cruiser flow".

Regards and thanks

Ken

Absolutly!..

I did my flight training round the here.. Here's Windermere from above.. Also, I do believe a certain Mr Emmsie lives in this county ;)

Posted Image

Archived