NZNI unwrapper

geejo

Hi

I too am having unwrapping problems which I've not had with NZSI. The disc goes through about 2/3rds of the unwrapping process after about 20 minutes and stalls. If I remove the disc I get a message telling me there is an error decompressing the data.

Any ideas. I have win 7.

Geoff J.

Hi Geoff,

If you have problems running the installer from the DVD..try running the installer from your hard-drive instead, to do this:

- Make a temporary folder on your desktop i.e right-click the desktop>>New>>Folder

- Pop the DVD in the drive, go to 'My computer' and right-click on the DVD drive and select 'Open'

- Drag the entire contents of the DVD into your new temporary folder

- Now try running the installer again

The solution is here on how the get around the insert disk 2 problem.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/47491-nz-north-island-wont-install-asks-for-2nd-disk/

This is some advice I was given on this site a couple of years ago regarding corrupt unwrapper diagnostics. I have had to use it several times, with success, since.

As a last resort you can also brute-force your way past the corruption test:

Go to Start->Run, type cmd and hit Enter. A black console window should open. Drag the installer into the window, hit Space and type /NCRC. Hit Enter again and the installer should start.

I wish I had a fraction of the knowledge you guys have.

Many thankyous. It was a long few days, firstly with a faulty disc and then an apparently crook one again but thanks to you I have the South and North Island both OK.

Cheers

Geejo

Archived