NZNI: Photoreal Areas

Hello all,

With NZNI incoming I thought it was time to introduce some of the region. Here are screenshots of the photoreal areas within North Island. I hope you enjoy these areas as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Manukau Harbour Looking West

Posted Image

Manukau Harbour Looking Southwest

Posted Image

Manukau Harbour Looking East

Posted Image

Manukau Harbour Entrance

Posted Image

Manukau Harbour Looking Towards Auckland

Posted Image

Auckland Looking South

Posted Image

Auckland Skyline

Posted Image

Auckland Skyline Looking West

Posted Image

Mt. Ruapehu

Posted Image

Mt. Ruapehu Camp

Posted Image

Mt. Ngauruhoe

Posted Image

Mt. Ngauruhoe & Mt. RuapehuPosted Image

Mt. Egmont/Taranaki

Posted Image

Mt. Egmont/Taranaki

Posted Image

Mt. Tarawera

Posted Image

Mt. Tarawera Rift

Posted Image

Mt. Tarawera Rift & Landing Strip

Posted Image

Kopuati Peat Dome Looking Northwest

Posted Image

Kopuatai Peat Dome Looking North

Posted Image

Kopuati Peat Dome Looking South

Posted Image

Ahipara Bay

Posted Image

Great Exhibition Bay Mouth

Posted Image

Great Exhibition Bay

Posted Image

Great Exhibition Bay

Posted Image

Wellington Looking North

Posted Image

Wellington Beehive

Posted Image

Wellington Downtown

Posted Image

Wellington From Above

Posted Image

Wellington Westpac Stadium

Posted Image

Wellington Harbour

Posted Image

Stunning shots. Not a lot left for Iain to post in screenshots but no doubt he'll find somewhere!

I'm looking forward to North Island. New Zealand doesn't seem to be whole somehow without it. A bit like England without Scotland!

John

Looking really Good. Looking forward to its release. Just one other thing the name Manukau has a u in it. :)

Oops! Many of the locations had alternate spellings (Ruapau/Ruapehu/Ruapehoe), so I may have gotten the names slightly off. Thank you for pointing it out, fixed in the OP!

Another MUST-BUY from OrbX... WELL DONE! I love it.

Now if only "someone" would create a nice Auckland airport for us (and makes the Godzone Wellington compatible with NZNI) 8)

NZAA has been nicely enhanced by Eddy. It's a great addition and easy to see a lot of time was put into it! There will probably be some previews of it coming shortly

Stunning shots. Not a lot left for Iain to post in screenshots but no doubt he'll find somewhere!

I'm looking forward to North Island. New Zealand doesn't seem to be whole somehow without it. A bit like England without Scotland!

John

Plenty left John for sure i will have some up soon myfriend it does look very very nice.

cheers

Iain

I am going to purchase this either way, but will my aging q6600 be able to cope with wellington and auckland or will I be flying wide circles around them like I do with seattle portland and vancouver in NA? shots look spectacurlar! looking forward to it!

NZAA has been nicely enhanced by Eddy. It's a great addition and easy to see a lot of time was put into it! There will probably be some previews of it coming shortly

Great! Just what I was hoping to hear ^-^

I am going to purchase this either way, but will my aging q6600 be able to cope with wellington and auckland or will I be flying wide circles around them like I do with seattle portland and vancouver in NA? shots look spectacurlar! looking forward to it!

During development the Auckland and Wellington CBD's both felt smooth to me. Both cities are smaller than Vancouver and Seattle. The only stutters I noticed could be attributed to the traffic around NZAA, NZWN was not a problem because of its smaller size. However both carry less traffic than Seattle and Vancouver.

The CBD's themselves were designed with maximum efficiency in mind and so with your sliders adjusted to your system I would think it'll be ok, especially considering the more efficient NZ vegetation.

Archived