Does anyone drive around OrbX?

SGunard

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to the sale I now have loads of new airfields and scenery to explore :-) I know that road vehicles have been developed for use in FSX and thought it might be fun to have a drive around.

Do any of you out there have experience of driving around in FSX/OrbX scenery? I fancy a nice Series 1, long wheelbase Landrover myself ;-)

Steve

In a simular vein if you want to see ORBX scenery close up and personal check out some of the Return To Misty Moorings river runs using boats instead of aircraft. Freeware and fun!

Yeah, I know it's meant to be a flight sim! ::)

The problem is though that unless one flies a helicopter at an altitude of 6' agl there so much that would get missed in those wonderful OrbX scenery areas!

Maybe it's me, but Bob can sometimes get a bit out of control - especially if I make him run! - so I thought mabe a 4x4 would make a good alternative.

3W5 Concrete, 1s2 Darrington and WA79 Walter Sutton's have alot to look at in town with great detail. if you dont want to use BOB there are many cars online that you can choose from. I even have driven up to the top of Tum Tum for a great view.

I use Hama's awesome BMW with the FDE update. One of fsX's general bonuses over fs9 is the roads go on forever and if you set Autogen to the max you will be forever finding little gems along the way. And that is before installing any of the orbX airfields! I just spent 1/2 hour in old town (Concrete) listening to the music and conversations. Then drove back to the airport, climbed in my trusty A2A cubbie, invited a very nervous Heidi to tacome fly with me. It just doesn't get any better than that ;)

Does Anyone drive around Orbx?

Yes I do and Let me tell that is an relaxing and amazing way to discover all the features and artwork that those developers put in the towns etc.

What you are not aware that exist viewing from above you can came down here and explore.

It tooks time but is a rewarding experience!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well....mmmmhhh! Wich direction now?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, comments and screenshots. Looks like there might be a Landy on one of the freeware sites so I'll check that out when I get a moment away from work.

Nice Lexus skkuda. Looks like the satnav is broke though! ;)

I use the Halo "Warthog" ATV. It's a great vehicle for driving in ORBX land. Just google, FSX Halo Warthog and you should be able to find it. I also highly recommend trying out a boat in FSX. Specifically, the PFJ region where we have a lot of free content set up for boats at return to misty moorings. You won't be disappointed.

Brad

I drive about in the "follow me" truck that came with the Just Flight Traffic X program... I didn't like the AI traffic it produced, but the drivable truck is kinda nice! It also has a virtual "spotter" that you can position at the perimeter fence and just stand and watch the planes... Sometimes do that just for a bit of background entertainment!

Archived