Suddenly CTD's while flying Australia

wavn

Hi all,

Through circumstances, I didn't fly during a few months.

Before that time, I didn't have serious problems; now I am back flying and I get pretty instantly CTD's while flying in Australia.

I tried YPEC, YWVA, YSCH and after only a few minutes there was a CTD: display was gone but the sound remained.

Using default FSX is no problem.

Yesterday I flew North America using your scenery and I had a CTD, but after flying about an hour (I thought that was accidentally)

64 bit

Intel Core i7 950

Asus P6T SE

12GB DDR3 1600 MHz

1,5TB Seagate SATA2 32MB

ASUS GTX295 1,8GB DDR3 PCI-E

Windows 7 home premium

loaded SP4.002

Having most of your scenery:

Product: Orbx - FTX: AU YPEC Aeropelican Airport

Serial/Registration Info: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Product: Orbx - FTX: AU YWVA Warnervale Airport

Serial/Registration Info: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

and much more

Willem

Hi Willem,

I have edited your post to mask off the serial numbers, what we ask for are the ordernumber(s)

Oh: excuse me (stupid)

Some ordernumbers:

Order #FSS0092375

Order #FSS0060451

Order #FSS0047066

Order #FSS0014419

and a lot more

There was something strange:

What I said: I didn't use FSX a long time (about 4 months);

now today the start-ups today were in windowed mode (why?: I don't know);

I tried YPEC: about 7 times; YWVA: 1 time; YSCH: 1 time: all CTD's ; after that EHRD: no CTD and that's when I made this post

After that, I tried again YSCH and now it started in normal mode (why?: I don't know) and to my surprise, I didn't have a CTD: flew for about 1 hour: no CTD

With "go to airport" I got to YPEC and I had no instant CDT; set on pause (dinnertime) and during that time no CDT; only when I changed aircraft: CDT

Hi Willem,

I've added a "few" of your ordernumbers to your sig, as per forum rules ;)

as for the CTD's etc. Windows tends to use a so called "prefetch" function for the most used files/programs, as you didn't use fsX for a wee while that "prefetch" data got overwritten by other used files/programmes, as you say after an hour or so all seems to work OK as Windows now saved those "prefetch" stuff again.

if you want to start-up in full screen just hit "Alt+Enter" to go to full screen and fsX should remember that, make sure you got all the latest updates and patches from the support page => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

if you are flying in europe it's best to switch back to "default" via the FTX Central panel ;)

also sometimes a defrag could be beneficial

Hi Wolter,

Thanks for your cooperation.

I have tried several things:

- defrag: it didn't help much

- new install YPEC

- new install YWVA

I thought it got better, but while flying from YPEC - YWVA, I nevertheless got the CTD

- new install FTXAUgold (sp3)

Again I thought it got better but just before reaching YWVA (flying DHC6) I got the CTD again.

Cheers,

Willem

Archived