KORS Mesh issue

MustangAce

Today I was flying around KORS and I discovered a couple of mesh issues which I'd never seen before. The only things I've installed in FSX since I last flew in this are are the latest PNW patch, KBVS, 74S, JayCo, S43 and W52. I have my mesh at 5m as the KORS manual requests.

The first issue is at the Clam Harbor strip. The airfield mesh appears to be bumped up above the surrounding terrain. Here are two screenshots with autogen disabled for clarity. I also enabled the position text up top in case that helps find the locations.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The other issue may not be in the KORS scenery, but it's at least in PNW. If you take off from runway 34 and turn west out over the water, there is an island ahead with a grass strip on it with a static plane and house. Near each end of the runway there is an invisible "ditch" which gave me a rude surprise on landing and takeoff. I slewed my aircraft into each one and snapped a screenshot. If I moved up or down the runway several feet in either direction it pops back to the surface.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any suggestions on what I might try to eliminate these? I have no scenery anywhere near this part of the globe except Orbx and OZx on my FSX install. I fly into clam harbor fairly often and suspect that this happened after installing the latest PNW patch, but I don't know for certain.

Problem Solved!

I had searched the OZx folders for any bgl with wa35 when this first happened and found nothing. I went back last night and found 4 bgls with clmhbr as part of the filename. I removed all 4 and my msh is back to normal. Thanks guys! I should've just disabled it and checked that way right at the start, but I didn't think of it.

Frankly I don't remember. I reinstalled the latest patch for KORS, but I never reinstalled the entire package. I may have installed OZx after the original KORS installation.

BTW, Clam Harbour is in Canada. Somewhere in Nova Scotia I believe. It's Clam Harbor here in the States. ;):P

Frankly I don't remember. I reinstalled the latest patch for KORS, but I never reinstalled the entire package. I may have installed OZx after the original KORS installation.

BTW, Clam Harbour is in Canada. Somewhere in Nova Scotia I believe. It's Clam Harbor here in the States. ;):P

I don't know for sure, but if you install OZx-NA after KORS, the OZx Clam Harbor will be set on top and cause the issues you're seeing. KORS installed after OZx should disable the OZx Clam Harbor like Ed said.

Archived