YPMQ compatible with OZx 1.0 ?

In your Scenery settings.  The install removed some of my sceneries from the list and added sceneries to the list which I don't have as well as messing up the scenery priority.  This is easy to fix.

The YPMQ installer does nothing of the sort, sorry Mark that's just misleading information mate. The YPMQ installer will only act upon the .cfg files in the ORBX\Scripts directory, nothing more, nothing less. It's also been known since the AU BLUE release that all FTX folders automatically get shoved to the top of the order.

Sounds to me like your ORBX\Scripts folder has some old files there which don't belong. I expect you're running a version of OZx which is your internal shake and bake dev build and you've not installed OZx using the OZx installer, which will removed superflous .cfg files and also the older freeware folders.

Hi John

I have installed OZx with the installer but now have some extra dev folders - one with fields I'm testing and one with fields I'm developing.

Installing YPMQ did some strange things to my Scenery.cfg - possibly because there's something weird in my Orbx Script.  And, yes, Orbx always puts itself at the top: OZx must be there so Road/Traffic excludes work when they are required.  I'm not on my FSX PC to check what the weird things were but they did exist.  If I had a slight glitch, others could have too.

I'd really prefer just a manual unzip and activate.  There's always going to be something unforseen occur on some PCs with a complex installer.  But then for the OZx patch installer coming soon we want to remove some superfluous files and ensure people are actually overwriting superseded files.  For those who can't unzip, an installer is required.  Nothing's perfect.

Onya aussiecop ! <insert two thumbs up icon here>

Great job with the helipads, especially PMQ Base hospital, I need to practice my smooth landings - lord knows I've practiced crash-landing often enough there

<Longers goes off to hovercontrol.com to search for inspiration  :D>

I forgot that we had that too, wow that makes it so much more immersive if your tooling around YPMQ as its so close, anyone who wants a little more immersion should go to our site and download and install the basepack which will install the hospital complete with helipad which is within sight of YPMQ.  Longers I can take no credit for anything but the vision for the VASAR basepack, it was all created as custom objects by Michael Allen-Andrews who is a pretty talented designer friend of mine.  He is currently working on a payware project for NZ atm butt when he is done it will be time to revist the basepack and make some more locations to add most hospitals in Aus with Landable helipads that will make FTX immersion totally complete!

Archived