The official Orbx xmas shopping list

John Venema

Hello all,

Rather than keep everyone on tenderhooks guessing what is coming up the pipe, the following Orbx products will be on pre-pay around the first week of November, and will progressively be released between then and December 21st:

NZSI South Island Region (NZ)

PAKT Ketchikan (PFJ)

W52 Goheen (PNW)

S43 Harvey Field (PNW)

OS9 Jefferson County (PNW)

YBAS Alice Springs (AU-RED)

YMMB Moorabbin (AU-BLUE)

YWOL Wollongong (AU-BLUE)

They will all be available on DVD except for W52, however some may slip until January depending on our supplier. We will do everything we can to communicate DVD delivery timeframes accurately. You can imagine we are coming into the busiest time of year for software releases worldwide so we will try our best to get the DVDs produced as soon as the download editions are done.

As usual there is a 15% discount for all these product (download editions) if they are pre-paid before release. Over the coming weeks I will be preparing the product pages for each of these and you'll see their respective pre-pay banners appear on the forums.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NZSI South Island Region (NZ)

PAKT Ketchikan (PFJ)

OS9 Jefferson County (PNW)

YBAS Alice Springs (AU-RED)

That is what is on my shopping list, as well as USCRM! Cant wait for NZSI! May not be able to pre-pay for all, but will defentily be getting them!

@picnic, not 100% sure, but they didnt do it for WA56/WA79 which were similar airports (grass strips).

I am definitely a buyer of this one. I remember all the good Godszone stuff and have waiting for years for FSX scenery of the South Island.

I hope that the scenery around Milford Sound includes both sides of the Homer Tunnel..if not I'm sure that a Kiwi will be able to make an addon.

I would be interested in the quality of mesh (I understand that FTX is not a mesh product) that will benefit this scenery.

Sounds that good. Unfortunately my stick has broken down so I need some hardware stuff first :(

But anyway it is good news for there are some sceneries I am really going to get as soon as they are done. Well, the others is just normal Orbx stuff (must-have but with priority a little lower than getting food ;) ).

A fine line up indeed. All of them a must have for me but not all at once I'm afraid but in time. Some of those projects havent even been seen and some projects not on the list have been shown in Alpha screenshots. Meaning that in addition to to the 8, Orbx will not have a gap in the new year before other projects are released. Great team of developers rapidly enhancing the virtual world. Great job Orbx team!

Will New Zealand be part of Australia, meaning will it load up with Australia from from FTX Central? Allowing for uninterupted flights between the two areas.

Yes, a single region in FTX Central for Australia/NZ.

We will have extensive screenshots posted by Emmsie and others on the team over the next eight weeks. I was flying around Dunedin NZ for an hour yesterday and it really does feel very different to Australia. Having the indigneous NZ trees really helps too. Main thing holding up screenshots is that we're waiting on more autogen annotation.

In addition to those 8 xmas products we have at least another 12 products to be released in the first half of 2012 including NZ North Island.

In addition to those 8 xmas products we have at least another 12 products to be released in the first half of 2012 including NZ North Island.

20 new Orbx products in the next 8 months!

Orbx, not only do you make the best scenery, you make the MOST scenery.

I will be ordering all he Australian add ons, Alice Springs, Moorabin and Wollongong as well as New Zealand South, Great XMAS coming, starting saving for pre-pay. Question? will the DVD versions be released before XMAS. Great job planning to release so many new titles :)

Thanks for the heads up, John. Does anyone publish the coverage areas anymore? Maybe the releases are coming out too fast for that anymore. I sure would like to see the coverage areas for 74S and KBVS. Maybe a KMZ file or something. Sounds like I can takeoff at Concrete and overfly the grass strip, touch and go at Skagit get a burger at 74S and be home at KORS for dinner.

Ray

Archived