Some Rocky Mountain examples for you SHADE+ENBSeries Artists.

cvearl

I wanted to add something to my previous post but (darned) I can't do it anymore (I hate that...). What I wanted to say is that I use the Shade preset Day1_default_darker, but I chose that one mainly because initially I only had noon textures and in order to see at least some shadows I needed to use that preset. Now that I have textures for morning, noon and afternoon, you can of course use other (less dark) presets and still get good Shade-shadows!

I want to say this is exactly what I hoped would come from my other thread. :)

Thanks so much for your efforts here. For posperity sake, can you post a shot of your REX theme screen (Snip in Win7 is great for this), again the links to the latest sky textures, links to your favorite ENB INI file or copy paste the text from yours into here and exactly what Shade preset?

I would (as I am sure others would) like to try your combo out! It's really getting that look I was after.

Charles.

I want to say this is exactly what I hoped would come from my other thread. :)

Thanks so much for your efforts here. For posperity sake, can you post a shot of your REX theme screen (Snip in Win7 is great for this), again the links to the latest sky textures, links to your favorite ENB INI file or copy paste the text from yours into here and exactly what Shade preset?

I would (as I am sure others would) like to try your combo out! It's really getting that look I was after.

Latest sky textures (morning, noon and afternoon): http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1316336287.zip

Used ENB settings: http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1316292399.zip

Shade preset: Day1_default_darker

REX: sky (day) is obviously overwritten by the new sky textures, Cumulus and Cirrus is 21, water doesn't matter (it's all Orbx-water), Wave animation is FTX (although I switched back to Sparkling again), Sun is Realstic Sun. The rest doesn't really matter, I think.

Various setting probably need some editing or testing because of various monitor settings. (When you use Dynamic Contrast, things look totally different than with another preset!). Hope you find what you like!

I am a bit out of luck because ENB makes FSX crash all the time on my new computer (unlike on my previous pc: I am beginning to regret my purchase once more!). I thought it was due to all my testing but I can't seem to finish a flight with ENB... and since ENB is sort of mandatory for the overall effect, I am back to where I was, without Shade, ENB and the blue files... I am sure I will all give it another try myself later on though... Once a tweaker, always a tweaker. :P Until then it's nice knowing others like it and use it.

Archived