Screen capture Pro tips?

cvearl

Some of the screenshots here are mind blowing. I would not mind making a few wallpapers myself.

Can someone recommend what tools these high end captures are being cultivated with?

Simply pressing the V key to save a screenshot?

What do you use to convert to jpg? Paint or something else?

Or is this straight from Fraps stuff?

Thanks.

Charles.

Hi Charles , Ive done a ton of screenshots but nothing in the last few months.

I use the free FastStone Image Viewer which captures the v key . If you wish you can then adjust your colour, sharpness, resize, crop , lighting... etc, and add borders. I find it straight forward .

As for ENB, I have collected the guys various tweaked versions and currently using Heiko's version ( thank you ! ) as i find it less taxing on my system and it doesn't wash out the clouds too much. The thread about it is over in the Tips and Techniques forum as a sticky ( I think its there) . Basically just drop a couple of things into fsx main folder, job done.

I should add that converting to jpg is just a simple right click on the screenshot and ..."save as"..and within the dropbox click your choice ..which in this case is jpg.

The V key is the easiest capture method I find. Also getting that great angle is easy once you pause the sim and set up your view to compose the shot. Using the V key will deposit a BMP file in your pictures folder, which is huge (size wise). So a graphics tool like Paint will allow you to load and save as a JPG, which is much smaller. This tool will also allow you to resize the image to a smaller size, which further reduces the size of the file and allows a better viewing size for forum displays.

Some people lucky enough to have tools like Adobe Photoshop or similar, can further enhance the image by applying effects to give the desired result.

Hope this helps.

Archived