Some Cub Shots at Fall City

Thanks for the compliments on the shots guys.

If you look at the 3rd shot you'll see the waterfall mist; the canyon directly behind the waterfall is where Interstate 90 climbs up and eventually reaches the infamous Snoqualmie Pass. It's easy to fixate on the Interstate and follow it for miles and miles I've found. I loaded up a flight in the A2A Cub for one of the beta checks, got sidetracked, and found myself flying up and over the pass, first to Easton State (KESW) and then on to Cle Elum (S93) which are both situated in the extreme Northwest corner of the new CRM region. At Cle Elum I fired up ASEvo and made the return trip to Fall City with a 20 kt headwind most of the way. That gave me a groundspeed of something like 35 Kts; anyway, about 3 very immersive hrs later I landed back at Fall City and, uhmm, finished up the beta checks :)

Jim

Thanks for the compliments on the shots guys.

If you look at the 3rd shot you'll see the waterfall mist; the canyon directly behind the waterfall is where Interstate 90 climbs up and eventually reaches the infamous Snoqualmie Pass. It's easy to fixate on the Interstate and follow it for miles and miles I've found. I loaded up a flight in the A2A Cub for one of the beta checks, got sidetracked, and found myself flying up and over the pass, first to Easton State (KESW) and then on to Cle Elum (S93) which are both situated in the extreme Northwest corner of the new CRM region. At Cle Elum I fired up ASEvo and made the return trip to Fall City with a 20 kt headwind most of the way. That gave me a groundspeed of something like 35 Kts; anyway, about 3 very immersive hrs later I landed back at Fall City and, uhmm, finished up the beta checks :)

Jim

Glad you had so much fun. It sounds like quite an adventure and as soon as I get my greedy and dirty hands on this baby, I'll try to refly your route.

We will release imminently but you'll have to disable crash detection. It's an annoyance for a small number of customers but we're aware of this and will release a patch (with further enhancements to NatureFlow and PeopleFlow) a few weeks after release.

@ Jim or Russ : what is the grass level detail on the first shot ? For me to have an estimate rendering possibilities with my old specs...

That was an early beta version and the control panel options are different now, but that was with everything enabled which I believe is the equivalent to "everything enabled" in the release version. With those settings I'm averaging around 30 fps flying around the area, less flying toward Seattle, more when flying away. Nature Flow on or off hardly makes a noticable difference from what I saw.

Glad you had so much fun. It sounds like quite an adventure and as soon as I get my greedy and dirty hands on this baby, I'll try to refly your route

You'll enjoy it Tobias, fly it at 3500' and you'll just clear the pass. I think there's a thremal programmed into PNW just as you make the hairpin turn at the top of the grade, you'll get bounced around pretty good :) . The view as you roll out of that turn and Keechelus Lake pops into view is incredible, set water to "High 2.x" for a nice shimmer. I flew the flight in late June sim time because I like everything to be green, but that's a matter of preference. Enjoy! :)

Jim

This is unreal. I was at Snowqualmie lodge last year and the view from the waterfall, the car park, even the trail to the viewing point is all there as it is in reality.

Now I can't wait to download my purchase.

Cheers

Steve

Archived