AU Traffic with MyTraffic X

I dont know how to solve your problem but I found my traffic X was a huge pain just to get working, not user friendly at all but with all the tweaks you had to do to get it working I am sure it will be a relatively simple fix.

Hi there,

can you be more specific as to how AU Traffic might have deleted your MyTraffic planes? The installer doesn't delete any files so the only thing I can think of is perhaps an issue with custom entries to the fsx.cfg file. Does MyTraffic create a custom "SimObjectPaths" entry in the [Main] section of FSX.cfg?

Cheers, Holger

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic X\Aircraft

SimObjectPaths.7=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAI_AIRCRAFT

And yes its still present and active in my scenery library, althought it sits below FTXAI_AIRCRAFT

Brendan, based on your fsx.cfg, I see no reason why you would have lost your MyTrafficX aircraft at all. It looks like our installer has correctly appended the path to our aircraft in fsx.cfg, so I am at a loss why the MTX traffic would now disappear around the world.

also double check that My traffic didnt rename the old trafficAircraft.bgl, then create a new trafficAircraft.bgl which was then subsequently renamed when you added the FTXAI ....

cheers

My Traffic X recommends that the entry in the scenery library should be placed way down between Addons and Propellor Object.  I think doing that would allow priority to FTX AI and any other locally based flights that other developers introduce.

However I would be very grateful if you could advise how I find the MTX flights using Australian airports so that I can disable them.  I really know little about the 'innards' of programmes such as this.

Yes in the world/scenery/scenery folder you will find that MTX has renamed the file something like  trafficAircraft.bgl.original,  or trafficAircraft.bgl.passive.  Both have the action of disabling the default.

I thought of returning the bgl to its native format, allowing FTX to amend it, but then never using the switch to turn the AI off.  The logical problem is the new AI would run parallel to the MTX unless I can disable all MT Australian flights.

Hi guys,

just to make this clear: there is no such thing as priority in flightplan use. All active flightplans will be used together as long as they are in the same format (FS9 or FSX). The only time priority comes into play is if there are more AI aicraft called by the flightplans than gates or parking spaces available at a given airfield. However, this is a situation one should avoid anyway (by using the AI traffic density sliders) because a constant search of the AI engine for empty gates can induce noticeable stutters in the sim.

Also, as stated before, if just one active flightplan is FS9 format none of the FSX flightplans will be used.

It's possible that the My Traffic entry in the scenery library includes both flightplan files and AFCAD files, in which case the recommendation for a position low on the menu makes sense. As I said, for flightplans alone it doesn't make any difference.

Cheers, Holger

I thought of returning the bgl to its native format, allowing FTX to amend it, but then never using the switch to turn the AI off.   The logical problem is the new AI would run parallel to the MTX unless I can disable all MT Australian flights.

This should disable chosen aircraft types for any specific airline in My Traffic X: In the MyTraffic editor, remove the checkmark "use in MyTraffic" from the aircraft types of an airline. This should disable these types to be exported on the next "Create all files and traffic"

1.  Run Traffic Editor (MyTraffic.exe) and open the ;MTX_v51b.myt; Database

2.  Select 'Airlines' >  'Manage Airlines'

3.  Choose Airline , ie Qantas and select Edit

4.  In 'Known Type for this Airline' choose the type of Aircraft you wish to disable for this airline

5.  select 'Edit Type'

6.  Uncheck 'use in My Traffic'

7.  Do this for all required Aircraft Type and when finished save the Database

8.  In Main Traffic Editor window select 'Create' > 'Create all Files and Traffic'

Hope this helps

Trevor

Archived