Avalon Dawn

Derek McAllan

G'day all,

Haven't been posting many pics lately due to PC hassles, not to mention resigning from my job and winding things down there as I finish up. Start a new (Bigger! Better!!) job in a couple of weeks, and have started ordering parts to build myself a shiny new gaming rig, so expect me back in the skies more frequently!

Anyway, for today's flight I'm doing a quick dawn commuter run from Avalon down to Launceston in the superb A320 from Aerosoft's AirbusX. Jetstar repaint is by Frank the birthday boy, weather is real for this morning and provided by REX. Enjoy!!

Posted Image

After pushback and startup at Avalon.

Posted Image

Here comes the sun... taxiing to runway 36

Posted Image

And away! Climbing out from Avalon

Posted Image

Climbing to cruise as the sun breaks from the clouds

Posted Image

Such a nice paintjob when the sun gets on it :)

Posted Image

Cruising over Bass Strait, it's clouds all the way and expected to be foggy and cloudy at Launy.

Unfortunately, none of the rest of my screenshots worked, they all came out as full black images for some reason (must've left the lenscap on!!) so my set ends prematurely here. Hope you liked 'em, as always comments and criticism are most welcome!

Cheers,

Derek

Damn tubes , how are you supposed to throw those things around the sky. ..but as posted on Iain's post...will get the pmdg when I get the rig I want/need.

Avalon is where I do a lot of maiden flights.

Thanks folks!

Damn tubes , how are you supposed to throw those things around the sky

LOL Alan, I used to think like that too!! Didn't think I'd fly anything bigger than a regional turboprop liner. Nevertheless, here I am flying an Airbus, I own the iFly 737 (which I think sucks, should've waited the few extra weeks and gone straight into the PMDG one, which I'm getting soon) and I have the CS 737 in my hangar as well. When I get the urge to "throw one around the sky" I fire up the L-39 and go buzz farmers at (extreme) low altitude... nothing like some NOE practice from time to time :D

Cheers,

Derek

Archived