So where's me ants goin?

rockliffe

During adding some scenery in the FSX library I noticed that my Ant's Aussie airports was below the FTX scenery, even though I have previously placed it above FTX along with the Ozx scenery, which is what I have always understood to be the correct way of doing things. But like I said, the Ants scenery has now moved twice and seems not to stay above the FTX scenery, although the Ozx scenery retains it's place above the FTX scenery and does not move. Any ideas appreciated guys...

You need to use FTX central...

• Tools menu
  • Scenery Library Configuration
  • FTX scenery library insertion points

From there it's pretty much follow the on-screen instructions I believe. ;)

Thanks Paul... erm... I must be a bit thick 'cos, I can't seem to move the scenery anywhere. What do I need to do to move the Ants scenery upwards above FTX?

Hi Howard,

Does this help?

Thanks a lot Colin, but I still can't get the scenery to stay above FTX scenery in the FSX library. I have checked I'm running FTX central as administrator, but I still have no luck. Tell me, am I supposed to see any movement in FTX central? I'm sure it's very simple, but I have tried all ways to get this sorted but still with no joy. ???

Thanks a lot Colin, but I still can't get the scenery to stay above FTX scenery in the FSX library. I have checked I'm running FTX central as administrator, but I still have no luck. Tell me, am I supposed to see any movement in FTX central? I'm sure it's very simple, but I have tried all ways to get this sorted but still with no joy. ???

You're not alone Howard. I've never been able to figure out the Scenery Insertion Point doohickey despite being assured it's simple. I just use the Scenery Library and move stuff that way. Seems to stick OK.

You're not alone Howard. I've never been able to figure out the Scenery Insertion Point doohickey despite being assured it's simple. I just use the Scenery Library and move stuff that way. Seems to stick OK.

Hi Ron, sure, I would have thought that should work, but no. Everytime I move the scenery to the correct place just above FTX, then save and exit and return to the library then Ants scenery has gone back to it's original place below FTX :blink:

Hi Ron, sure, I would have thought that should work, but no. Everytime I move the scenery to the correct place just above FTX, then save and exit and return to the library then Ants scenery has gone back to it's original place below FTX :blink:

Hi Howard,

If you switch from Orbx Au to default or the American stuff then back again, Ant's airports will drop down the list as you say as FTX central only appears to handle OzX and FTX. If you put Ant's airports to the top using the FSX scenery library and then stay in FTX AU, they should stay at the top.

Hi Howard,

If you switch from Orbx Au to default or the American stuff then back again, Ant's airports will drop down the list as you say as FTX central only appears to handle OzX and FTX. If you put Ant's airports to the top using the FSX scenery library and then stay in FTX AU, they should stay at the top.

I see Colin, you're right, that's exactly what happens. So it's all a bit of a balls up really :unsure:

H,

Not necessarily...

Can you open FTX Central, go to tools...scenery library configuration....FTX scenery library insertion points. Take a screen shot and post here please. I'm hoping what you will see is OzX entries on top of the list, followed by FTXAA_Airports...

Could you also show me where on the list your Ant's airports appear please, ta...

H,

Not necessarily...

Can you open FTX Central, go to tools...scenery library configuration....FTX scenery library insertion points. Take a screen shot and post here please. I'm hoping what you will see is OzX entries on top of the list, followed by FTXAA_Airports...

Could you also show me where on the list your Ant's airports appear please, ta...

Cheers Colin, I'll have to get back to this as it's just going up to midnight and I've just landed at Walter's for the night :D I will post on Sunday, many thnaks for yuor help. Have a good weekend, cheers matey.

It is simple really.

Firstly ... the FTX Scenery Insertion Point is the point at which the FTX entries are placed relative to what is there. It doesn;t manage all your scenery entries for everything.

Unless you want FTX Central to corrupt your entries, it has to work from a backup (your default order)

This is why when adding other scenery, altering entries, it is best to be switched to default.

You select the insertion point based on THOSE entries

I have revised the step by step instructions, which are in the FAQ section ... so that hopefully they are even more robust.

The FAQ is here:

Adding an Insertion Point

Thanks Colin, Ron, Ken, Ian. I've got there! The link you posted Ian helped me out. I have to say though, I don't feel such a dipstick, as I naturally thought that I had to move the Ants scenery to the relevent location in the library, not the entire FTX scenery! Not very intuitive IMO. Anyway, I'm there, so thanks again for all your help guys ;)

Hello Ian,

May I ask you something please as I'm confused, again :lol: , if non-ORBX scenery is added to my Add-on Scenery folder and installed into my library and my FTX Central is set to default, then it will show up as item 1, 2, 3, etc, in the scenery library listing as the scenery is for Africa, South America, Far East, which are not covered by FTX. So, why does FTX scenery then take precedent, and jump to the top of the list when you activate FTX Central, if you see what I mean.....

Cheerz. Transport Steve.

Archived