Wilco or iFLY FMC manual?

rockliffe

Hopefully someone can help me with this one. I recently purchased the iFLY 737, which is an awesome bit of kit. I was under no illusions about what it entails to fly the plane correctly, but trying to follow the manual with regards the FMC seems an enormouse task! I don't think it's me so much as the manual does not seem to be very intuitively set out or written. I purchased the Wilco 737 series last year and have the relevent manual for the FMC. My question is, can I use the Wilco FMC manual for learning about the iFLY? Cheers guys...

Sure...

I used my knowledge from the PMDG 737 FMC and the LDS 767 to work my way around the iFly FMC. It is a Boeing FMC so there should be some consistency.

Little difference other than the Tab enabling Pushback etc. off the Menu button and it got me going :)

Andy b

I used my knowledge from the PMDG 737 FMC and the LDS 767 to work my way around the iFly FMC. It is a Boeing FMC so there should be some consistency.

Little difference other than the Tab enabling Pushback etc. off the Menu button and it got me going :)

Andy b

Cheers Andy. Thanks a lot, very helpful. I'll see how I get on.

In real life most Boeing FMC's are relatively the same. Same goes in FSX, I learnt it from the 767 then 747.......and now 737!

I doubt your willing to spend any money-http://www.skylines.com.au/shop/?prodid=831

Thanks Hendo, I was hoping you would say that. And yes you're right, I don't want to spend any money :lol: Anyhow, I will get stuck into the Wilco manual and see how I get on.

I suggest you grab a coffee or Tea and watch these. They are for the PMDG 747 but that really does not matter.

Once you have taken in the info your iFly FMC will be much easier to understand and use.

Enjoy and watch all of them

Hi Dave, I appreciate that, thanks a bunch. I had been on YouTube but must have missed this. I will take your advice and make myself a cuppa! Cheers.

What an absolute fannastic set of vids Dave! However, for someone who has had zero experience in the cockpit of a PROPER 737, there is still a massive amount of stuff to learn. Don't get me wrong, or think I'm a lightweight, I certainly do want to learn, but it's a bit overwhelming, fuel costs, fuel quantity, air temperature etc etc. Is it possible to have a simple form of entering a flight plan via a 3rd party software? If so, what would you advise? I want to use Fs2crew as you suggested. If so, does this mean the FO initialises start up procedures? Sorry for the questons, but I do want to use the aircraft correctly and eventually understand it, but perhaps with a little help from additional add-ons!

Howard,

I have to say if you get FS2Crew for the 737 your work load is so small its like cheating that poor FO does 80% of the work.

Don't wast anymore time just get it and thank FS2Crew for making an amazing bit of software.

I will make a post about the 737 with you in mind Howard.

Howard,

I have to say if you get FS2Crew for the 737 your work load is so small its like cheating that poor FO does 80% of the work.

Don't wast anymore time just get it and thank FS2Crew for making an amazing bit of software.

I will make a post about the 737 with you in mind Howard.

Cheers Dave, thanks a bunch, much appreciated. :D

Let me try and inform you more on what FS2Crew does Howard.

In your options for iFly 737 make sure you set up the aircraft you use to start dark and cold and in the load manager there is an option to turn on if you are using FS2Crew and the version you have.

Now.

When you load up FSX and sitting at the gate with the 737 cold and dark. You bring up/open the FS2Crew panel then click the button that opens the config panel.

The option to start the pre-flight is what you need to press first and it comes with a 30 min count down.

The second you press this, you here the FO say "Lets get things started" He will go thought all the setup the plane needs, all you do within this time is set the radios up, FMC, Squake code, heading(RW) and ALT all them are given when you ask for IFR clearance.

Follow the very easy steps and you FS2Crew panel proms you. When your counter is down to 0 min's and you can fast forward it but I would not at first.

Now your ready for Puash Back/start engines. Though FS2Crew you talk to the ground crew and they will push you back to how you set it up in the FS2Crew config pannel e.g 200ft back tail right 45%.

Your tell you FO to start engine 2 and he will the only think you do is lift the fuel cut out up at N2 20%.

After start etc you ask for taxi check list and again the FO does all the hard work.

From Cold and dark to taking off, of the top of my head this is all you do as the Captain.

Talk to ATC

Set you radios, Squake code

Set RW heading course

The first ALT that ATC gives you.

FMC

Trim % (use the click spots on the Captains flight stick left side.

Set AT to ARM

set TO/GA as your start your take of roll.

That really is it or there about's.

How easy is that? :lol:

BTW: Although you cannot see the FO you CAN see every button he pressers and you can even see him/her change the pagers on the FMC to find what he/she is looking for. His/her display pannels change to the rights ones for take off/climb and ILS GS.

As a matter of fact I wish I had more to do sometimes :lol:

Let me try and inform you more on what FS2Crew does Howard.

In your options for iFly 737 make sure you set up the aircraft you use to start dark and cold and in the load manager there is an option to turn on if you are using FS2Crew and the version you have.

Now.

When you load up FSX and sitting at the gate with the 737 cold and dark. You bring up/open the FS2Crew panel then click the button that opens the config panel.

The option to start the pre-flight is what you need to press first and it comes with a 30 min count down.

The second you press this, you here the FO say "Lets get things started" He will go thought all the setup the plane needs, all you do within this time is set the radios up, FMC, Squake code, heading(RW) and ALT all them are given when you ask for IFR clearance.

Follow the very easy steps and you FS2Crew panel proms you. When your counter is down to 0 min's and you can fast forward it but I would not at first.

Now your ready for Puash Back/start engines. Though FS2Crew you talk to the ground crew and they will push you back to how you set it up in the FS2Crew config pannel e.g 200ft back tail right 45%.

Your tell you FO to start engine 2 and he will the only think you do is lift the fuel cut out up at N2 20%.

After start etc you ask for taxi check list and again the FO does all the hard work.

From Cold and dark to taking off, of the top of my head this is all you do as the Captain.

Talk to ATC

Set you radios, Squake code

Set RW heading course

The first ALT that ATC gives you.

FMC

Trim % (use the click spots on the Captains flight stick left side.

Set AT to ARM

set TO/GA as your start your take of roll.

That really is it or there about's.

How easy is that? :lol:

BTW: Although you cannot see the FO you CAN see every button he pressers and you can even see him/her change the pagers on the FMC to find what he/she is looking for. His/her display pannels change to the rights ones for take off/climb and ILS GS.

As a matter of fact I wish I had more to do sometimes :lol:

Hi Dave, thanks so much for your help and advice, it's very much appreciated. I am as I write getting my head around the FMC. I think over the weekend it will have to be card time for Fs2Crew. Cheers :D

Hi Howard

I have Mike Ray's books which I find put things into an easier to understand format. He's at http://www.utem.com/ although you will probably find his books for sale elsewhere.

Rich

Hi Rich, thanks. Sure, I have the FMC manual which I have from the Wilco 737 series and that has been written by Mike Ray. Between using this book and the info from Dave I think I should be green for go! :D

Archived