Other Freeware

Ok cool. Maybe you should put it up on the free stuff section of the site?

Anyway, off topic abit but can you post some screenies of the extended area outside YMML, the photoreal textures that run for 24km or something like that. Is it that much different to the normal LC?

Ok cool. Maybe you should put it up on the free stuff section of the site?

Anyway, off topic abit but can you post some screenies of the extended area outside YMML, the photoreal textures that run for 24km or something like that. Is it that much different to the normal LC?

It's not much different to the normal LC, because FTX does a very good job of it to be honest. You'd be hard pressed to see where the boundary between AU BLUE and the airport is, particularly since it's 100% seasonally colour matched to FTX. However, anyone purchasing YMML and who does not have FTX AU BLUE - well, it will stick out like dogs balls over the beige desert of default-land :)  We are going to do an AU BLUE+YMML bundle at an attractive price to encourage those who have not made the jump :)

The 24km sq. area is predominately rural pastures, bushland, paddocks and the odd farm. We also have the river running alongside the airport, the golf course and of course the large industrial estates SE of the airport. All the housing in the area is going to be stock FTX AU BLUE using alpha masking, to save us on annotation time. The SP1 release may include the surrounding suburbs as they actually are, but there's about 3000 houses to annotate, so it's a big job.

I'll be posting screenshots of the extended area real soon; I am just finishing off the vegetation, industrial estates and night lighting today, so I'll put some shots up over the weekend ok?

Archived