What Airport Guys?

rockliffe

Well, I have just received my AUS DVD and am now wondering which should be my next move. I guess I should be installing all the freebies, but what about a payware airport. Any of you have a suggestion for my first payware airport? Cheers... EDIT: Also, now I have installed SP4 and the latest library patch, are there any impliactions with regards to installing older airports?

Hello Howard!!

i would also highly recommend all the OZx airports for North America AND Australia AND all freeware ports from the ORBX site - no matter what payware airports you will buy later because:

no matter what payware product will follow up... all the freeware sceneries from OZx and ORBX for Australia and North America are a most fantastic update for many various regions and places... (not just airports and airstrips and airfields.... also some nice photoreal sceneries!!!!!!) - really:

You will not want to miss them, once You have given them a try!!!

And payware .... well, i would maybe start with Bundaberg...

nice airport and some real great city-scenery around it... and also very frame-rate friendly!

But... as they are all fantastic ones...

well... that´s just where i would start with, if i hadn´t got it allready!

But again: no matter how You decide: You won´t be disappointed...  :D

Christoph

Perhaps you should look at getting some airports within fairly close proximity to each other, like a 1.5-2hr flight max.

I've got YMAV, YSTW, YPMQ freeware and YMLT freeware and this provides a range of different flights from ORBX port to ORBX port.

Unless of course you like to make the cross-country flights! ;D

I have all of them (except Canberra) and like most if not all of them. Of the freeware, my favorites are Redcliffe, Mareeba, and Boonah. Of the payware ones, I'd go with Tamworth as tops, then also Hervey Bay, Bundaberg and Cairns. All of them are excellent places to visit. Oh, I almost forgot Aeropelican, a wonderful place.

Given the location density of the freeware OZx airports, to maximise their use for shorter-med-range flights, probably the best payware Orbx Airports would be either Brisbane, Melbourne or Tamworth. These are located closest to the areas that have the most OZx upgraded airports, so you would be able to better utilise those three airports. Just my 2c :)

I did it state by state (should say still doing it - haven't finished yet since starting April 2010  :o) - started with Queensland first because there was more airports near to each other with FTX/OZx/Ant's Airports and if you add the payware YBBN, YCDR, YHBA, YBUD and YBCS, it gives you heaps of nice bases to work from  ;D  Took about 8 months just to do Qld  ;D Don't forget PlanG if you want to know where to go  ;)

While, I'm in this post... now I have AUS and SP4 installed with the latest Libs update, I know this may sound like a crazy question, but experience has told me that asking the obvious can often pay dividends! So...are there any issues with installing all the freeware airports after these installs?

While, I'm in this post... now I have AUS and SP4 installed with the latest Libs update, I know this may sound like a crazy question, but experience has told me that asking the obvious can often pay dividends! So...are there any issues with installing all the freeware airports after these installs?

Shouldnt be any issues no. Just make sure you install the OZx library files last (same as with the FTX products, but the OZx libraries are a different file to download from the OZx website).

Archived