A320 out of Calgary

rockliffe

With respect to your question "fully functional FMC", in a word no...

It has some restrictions, and the fly by wire simulation is pretty much the default with a few tweaks... no rudder control above 100RA' was what I experienced until I felt compelled to remove it from my FSX hangar. The VC looks beautiful, no question, however, in my honest opinion, it does not handle like an A320...

It all boils down to how much realism you want or can take... I personally demand the level of realism that PMDG incorporates, as does A2A... but that is my personal taste.

I recommend you have a good read of the Aerosoft AirbusX support forum before going ahead with a purchase. If the aircraft is still to your liking after having read the opinions and comments, as well as the developers' replies, then you should pick it up. The screenshots you can take with the AirbusX are wonderful. Just don't expect Airbus behaviour if you have even a vague idea what that is...

I am not here to badmouth the AirbusX, as the developers made it quite clear from the outset their target audience. The automated flight and FMGS implementation is not what I had hoped it would be...

There is another Airbus in development, aiming high I believe...

Andrew

That obviously was a very nice short hop Howard - at least when judging from that very fine screenies above, which all show this flight in a most wonderful way - really enjoyed looking at them!!! ... and yes: the moon, the moon - i like the way it is "presented" here very very much as well!!  ;)  :D

With respect to your question "fully functional FMC", in a word no...

It has some restrictions, and the fly by wire simulation is pretty much the default with a few tweaks... no rudder control above 100RA' was what I experienced until I felt compelled to remove it from my FSX hangar. The VC looks beautiful, no question, however, in my honest opinion, it does not handle like an A320...

It all boils down to how much realism you want or can take... I personally demand the level of realism that PMDG incorporates, as does A2A... but that is my personal taste.

I recommend you have a good read of the Aerosoft AirbusX support forum before going ahead with a purchase. If the aircraft is still to your liking after having read the opinions and comments, as well as the developers' replies, then you should pick it up. The screenshots you can take with the AirbusX are wonderful. Just don't expect Airbus behaviour if you have even a vague idea what that is...

I am not here to badmouth the AirbusX, as the developers made it quite clear from the outset their target audience. The automated flight and FMGS implementation is not what I had hoped it would be...

There is another Airbus in development, aiming high I believe...

Andrew

thanks Andrew,

that helps a lot. I was pretty well unfamiliar with this addon, but like you, I want the realistic systems and flight management functionality I'm used to with with the PMDG 747-400X and formerly with the 737 ng I used with FS9. Not to take any credit away from this airbus though, it is really a beautifully modeled airplane.

michael H.

I like the Airbus X a lot, and no, it's not a 'true' authentication of the real life plane, but I wanted a aircraft which was more intricate and demanding than the default but not a plane that I needed to go to pilots school to learn how to fly! There are some simmers who enjoy spending hours on end learning how to fly a aircraft and won't be happy until it is as close to the real aircraft as possible and then there are those who find the actual flying experience itself more important, and I fall into the second group. Either way, have good flying  ;D

Archived