Radar contact

teecee

I have read that this program is not much help in GA flying, is this really the case? also, is there a limited use demo available, as I would not like to pay out $44 only to find the program does not suit. Teecee.

This is a great program, but you are correct in that it is not geared toward VFR.  A new version is in the works (still at least months away) that supposedly will include VFR and a number of major enhancements.  When it comes out I certainly will buy it as this is the best program of its type that I've found.  I don't think there is any free demo available.

;D

I made the mistake of buying Radar Contact. I never got past the 250 page manual.

:(

Sue

Wow Sue, too bad...I've never really read the manual either as it is overloaded with info. However, its not necessary to read it either. I just look up certain parts in the manual if I need the info, but its not too hard to figure out anyway.  True, it is more suited to IFR flying but you can create an IFR flight plan and tell the ATC folks that you want to change to VFR. Then, you are still hearing and talking to the ATC folks. It works fine this way. And for IFR, it's great.

I guess its for some people and not others  :)

;D

I made the mistake of buying Radar Contact. I never got past the 250 page manual.

Sue

Wow Sue, too bad...I've never really read the manual either as it is overloaded with info. However, its not necessary to read it either. I just look up certain parts in the manual if I need the info, but its not too hard to figure out anyway.  True, it is more suited to IFR flying but you can create an IFR flight plan and tell the ATC folks that you want to change to VFR. Then, you are still hearing and talking to the ATC folks. It works fine this way. And for IFR, it's great.

I guess its for some people and not others  :)

I have used it for a couple of years for IFR, but i will try your VFR method :)

;D

Sue

To be honest Sue, the very thought of that manual, combined with the obvious (from the posts) fact that it really is not a VFR type of program  makes me believe it's not for me.. Perhaps one day they will create a VFR addon.. Thanks for all the input folks. Teecee.

I'd really like to see them do ATC in the right order! It bugs the life out of me requesting airspace clearance after take off! What would I do if they said no ...

energize your hyperdrive? ;)

Crash into the Tower.  While screaming "Airspace Clearance???  I'll give you bloody Airspace Clearance!!!"

And we always get airspace clearance.  In real life there is no way clearance would be given to fly through the airspace of a major airport.  The request would be refused and we would have to go around via the route clearly mapped for VFR.  And I get tired of hearing ATC in FSX asking a Piper Club to expedite its climb to 9000ft;  a. it should only be trying to get that high in uncontrolled airspace, and b.  what the blazes is it doing on an IFR plan, just think of the instrumentation and its weight - no wonder it can't get to 9000.

However, believe it or not, that isn't my question.

Does Radar Control like VoxATC  work by the simmer making spoken responses to ATC requests.  I was sort of hoping it was still via choices and written phrases.  My family think I am nuts already without me speaking to a computer screen.

And we always get airspace clearance.  In real life there is no way clearance would be given to fly through the airspace of a major airport.  The request would be refused and we would have to go around via the route clearly mapped for VFR.  And I get tired of hearing ATC in FSX asking a Piper Club to expedite its climb to 9000ft;  a. it should only be trying to get that high in uncontrolled airspace, and b.  what the blazes is it doing on an IFR plan, just think of the instrumentation and its weight - no wonder it can't get to 9000.

However, believe it or not, that isn't my question.

Does Radar Control like VoxATC  work by the simmer making spoken responses to ATC requests.  I was sort of hoping it was still via choices and written phrases.  My family think I am nuts already without me speaking to a computer screen.

Nope it is done with key selections as per the default ATC, just more of them....

Apparantly you can get IYP to work with it, but I had no success.....

Archived