Simply THE best book ever written for FSX. Period. Great XMAS gift too!

cvearl

"Microsoft Flight Simulator for Pilots Real World Training"

http://ca.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0764588222,descCd-description.html

Half the book is VFR training and the other half is IFR. This book comes with downloadable preset flights for each chapter to follow along with. Written by a pair of CFI's and very easy to use. It changes how you use FSX in a big way. I have never seen it this cheap. I paid full price for mine.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pilots-Training/dp/0764588222/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1291357981&sr=8-1

Covers everything you can think of all the way ftom basic principals of flight to VFR, IFR and right into radios and VATSIM. Links contained in the book for charts and everything for every lesson.

Customer reviews - http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pilots-Training/product-reviews/0764588222/ref=cm_cr_pr_link_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0

I take it whenever I travel. Always learning.

Charles.

I think I might get myself a copy. 

Definitely would think it would put a different spin of how I use FSX!

Cheers for the links!

I put an order in for this......Too bad that its out of stock.....not expected to be available till Christmas!

I suppose good things come to those who wait!!  ;D

I have this book also , well worth the 20 bucks. Tons and tons of valuable info not to mention the downloadable training flights

really is a must have for the serious simmer  ;D

And addictive!

Be careful because half way through this book, my wife and I are now saving our pennies for me to start ground school and get my PPL in a year or so. As long as something else does not gobble up the money. ;)

The lessons are short and fun and you feel like you have accomplished something.

Did I meantion some of the saved lesson scenarios are in PNW! :D

I just started my IFR part of the book. Practicing the basic instrument manouver is a game in itself. Check your accuracy with the Flight Summary/review thing in FSX and see your track.

Charles.

Agreed, I have been saying it for years.  This is far and away the best book to get the most out of your simming.

I purchased this book when it was first published and it completely changed the way I sim.  To this day it's a great resource.

I was able to take the knowledge learned from this book and work hand in hand with the ZLA Pilot Training Course on Vatsim.  It was a lot of fun to run through the full VFR and IFR courses they have set up over there in my favorite GA planes. 

Little money spent very well.

Bman.

Now Cvearl - let's go get our IFR on in NRM, stat!

Agreed, I have been saying it for years.  This is far and away the best book to get the most out of your simming.

I purchased this book when it was first published and it completely changed the way I sim.  To this day it's a great resource.

I was able to take the knowledge learned from this book and work hand in hand with the ZLA Pilot Training Course on Vatsim.  It was a lot of fun to run through the full VFR and IFR courses they have set up over there in my favorite GA planes. 

Little money spent very well.

Bman.

Now Cvearl - let's go get our IFR on in NRM, stat!

copy that...

Archived