Juneau

THibben

While flying in the Tongass Fjords area I went into Juneau.  While the area around the airport was detailed the city area had nothing.  Just mountains running down to the water.  I have a high powered computer, FPS in the area were 150 and above, and most all sliders all the way to the right.  Am I missing an update or a more detailed Juneau scenery?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Hi Tom,

if you purchase Ultimate Terrain Alaska X - http://www.scenerysolutions.com/UltAlaskaX.html - Juneau and "the rest" of Alaska will look a lot better (full disclosure: I was involved in UTX AK though more in a minor role). The ground textures called by the land class files are default (or GEX if you're using that) but the shorelines are much more accurate and also the road network plus building placement. Also included is a very good terrain mesh file and the main glaciers are represented as well.

I'm still hoping to get back to working on the FSX version of Glacier Bay but that won't happen until sometime in mid-2011 at the earliest.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Tom,

no compatibility issues with Tongass X or specific installation requirements other than UTX Alaska having to sit at lower display priority in the FSX scenery library menu.

None of the airports in the Tongass X coverage area have been adjusted by UTX Alaska so there's no need to deactivate any of those files either.

Cheers, Holger

• 1 year later...
On my wish list for the future, I'd love to see the Glacier Bay and Juneau, Alaska for FSX, which was legendary in FS9. It would be a nice addition to my Pacific Northwest, Pacific Fjords and Tongass Fjords, which are all amazing. If you build it, Holger, I will instantly buy Glacier Bay and Juneau, Alaska for FSX. Who's asking for freeware? I'll pay!)

Archived