Need Help Big Time

Aussieflyer38

First, as I have stated before, I'm no computer wizz, and as I've got older, of course it hasn't got any better. 😒

Some few months back I went looking for a fix on my rig freezing etc. Tried a couple of things nothing worked, and unfortunately along the way, one of these wankers gave me

a virus. I got one of those messages that told me my computer was infected - so much for Macafee that said it had just scanned my system - all good. BS, I was in deep doodoo, lost a lot of stuff, pictures and other. MS Win11 Security ain't worth a pinch of billy goat poo. Anyway what is done is done, can't change that. Apart from all that my computer works at crawling pace as well. Health issues intervened which is why I'm only tackling this now.   

I'm thinking of installing Norton Antivirus Software, opinions please or suggestions of what you guys are using - successfully.

Also, I am considering wiping my HDD and re-installing Win 11 and MSFS, both big jobs, just hope I live long enough to finish the task, and I would hope one of you gentlemen might scream out, NO NO don't do that do this, you know, the lifeboat alongside the sinking ship 🤨and if I going to reinstall MSFS  then I guess I have to spend a few dollars and install a new HDD and go with MSFS24. I would not risk installing Win11 and MSFS on my current HDD as there maybe nasties lurking that don't get wiped off. 

I would really appreciate your opinions on my dilemma. I would like to get it sorted so I can do some flying again even if I have to reinstall MSFS20.  Really looking forward to downloading and installing sceneries again -yeah right. 😡I have one last question about if I can put Win 11 and MSFS 20 0r 24 on a remote HDD. 

Thanks for any/all help.

Don    

• Like 1

Had the same scam appear over and over, Don. My computer shop pointed me to the lower right corner of the thing, where there is a little set of dots. Click them and a menu comes up that includes "block this." Worked for me. But it sounds like you caught the full bug. I just had a sneeze. So I join Rob in recommending the services of a professional. It's a few dollars but it's totally worth it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tigermothpilot said:

On the advice of my computer store, I use ESET NOD Antivirus and Malwarebytes.

I use the same combination and have for over 10 years. Never had a problem of any kind.