Yatta Plateau Kenya, MSFS 2020, Orbx trees

Rodger Pettichord

Hi all. I'm really having fun flying into out of the way spots and camping. This set takes us about fifty miles northeast of Mombasa, Kenya, to the Yatta Plateau on the way to the Kenya Highlands. Nice spot, with a variety of animal and bird calls, a lovely breeze tone, and a wonderful openness. 

1. Campsite late morning.image.thumb.jpeg.ae4d88936768ed7a37ff6bab6cf39c33.jpeg

2. All set up. Out to explore while the coffee get thicker on the grill.image.thumb.jpeg.c224bde1ba6f81d72af48edd07407fa7.jpeg

3. Sunset. Whatever is making that sound out there doesn't scare me. Well, maybe a little.image.thumb.jpeg.483db3ca3472cdefc4ce55d895fc8e67.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

Dad took me through there in a geological survey Landrover and we were chased for a couple of hundred metres by a cranky rhinoceros! 

Yowsa! That's a bit too much adventure, John, but a great story to tell for the rest of your life. Thanks for sharing it with us.

• Like 1

Having grown up on the African continent I can relate. You have captured the atmosphere perfectly Rodge. Love that third shot. Why aren't you entering the screenshot comp? You have posted two shots recently which would certainly attract votes!

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, boetie said:

Having grown up on the African continent I can relate. You have captured the atmosphere perfectly Rodge. Love that third shot. Why aren't you entering the screenshot comp? You have posted two shots recently which would certainly attract votes!

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thanks for the kind words, Graeme, but I'd feel like a child put out onto the pitch with the professionals. The guys at that level are good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Thanks for the kind words, Graeme, but I'd feel like a child put out onto the pitch with the professionals. The guys at that level are good!

Some of the guys are definitely a cut above but when you're extra happy about a shot, it could be the winner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Why aren't you entering the screenshot comp?

This was by Graeme...🙂

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

but when you're extra happy about a shot, it could be the winner.

Yes indeed...

It's all about participation Rodger. If you have a shot where you say "looks really good" than you can post it, why not?

And the more posts we have in the contest the more fun it is. And, of course, if you participate you are allowed to vote.

There are 5 days left for this month! 🙂

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1