MS2024 PC System Requirements Analysis

TuFun

34 minutes ago, boetie said:

The hardware manufacturers must rub their hands together when Microsoft release a new sim :)

Black Friday comes about the right time for upgrades and with all my Birthday monies tucked into Amazon

as Gift vouchers - and Xmas anticipations -------- "Get thee behind me Satan!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

It's not the computer's abilities to cope with the new program I'm worried about, it's mine.

For me it was bandwidth and then finally fiber arrived in my area at 300+ Mbs.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Sadly, the only fiber around here is in my morning cereal.

They said fiber is coming soon... 5 years later I got notified it was here.  The installer came and found out the line didn't reach my house.  It was one pole further down.

They had to string a fiber line from there to the pole near my house (backyard).  Three hours later... up and running for the same price as DSL.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

my son was here at the weekend and we discussed the upcoming release, we looked at specs and my system, in the next couple of weeks I plan on upgrading my CPU which will mean a new motherboard, as I only do 1440p everything else will be fine so it's cheaper than expected which means sooner than expected, I need a new chair to...my full fiber is 500mbs so that's plenty, no kids in my house...

• Upvote 1

new CPU and Motherboard have arrived, I have cleansed my PC of junk, reset windows....now this weekend the rebuild and reinstall, the fun bit....but first today my eldest daughters wedding......

Are you kidding Wayne??! Your daughter's wedding! Congratulations mate! Can't imagine the feeling, hope it's a joyous celebration.  Wifey and you must be so proud/ nervous :)

Cheers 

Graeme

• Upvote 1