Scrapyard Monster MSFS 2020

Hi all. If you have not yet tried the Flightsim.to Scrapyard Monster, you're missing a hoot. According to the backstory, an engineer wondered if he could make a plane entirely out of stuff he found in a scrapyard. Yes, he could, and the result is hilarious. It's a beast to handle on the ground but graceful in the air. Truly one of a kind!

LorrMoW.jpeg

I9PwsND.jpeg

enLDjmL.jpeg

bFs5oDF.jpeg

Scenery is Hayfork, CA (F62) from Orbx.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

They say 'with enough horsepower, you can fly a city block' - a scaled down version of that theory. 

Certainly the case with the Scrapyard Monster, OND. It has an enormous automobile engine in it, and the only way I can get it in the air is to go full throttle, pull back the yoke, and lift straight off. If I try to do a normal rolling take off, the darned thing ground loops every time. 

• Like 1

Very nice Scrapyard Monster there Rodger, great shots. The prop blades look great 🙂.

The procedure you describe for takeoff is more or less the same as for the Laminar default Stinson L5  from Xplane.

They tried to show a real taildragger with it's peculiarities and what came out is nearly not flyable...🙂

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, timmo32 said:

lovely shots we can build allsorts of stuff out of scrap i think i can even see a ladder being used?

Timmo,  you should see the cockpit! An umbrella handle and a samurai sword are the least weird things put into play. Half the fun is spending time just looking around and discovering yet another tongue-in-cheek usage, all quite functional in some way or another.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Timmo,  you should see the cockpit! An umbrella handle and a samurai sword are the least weird things put into play. Half the fun is spending time just looking around and discovering yet another tongue-in-cheek usage, all quite functional in some way or another.

keeping things in budget lol :P

• Haha 1