THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC (#209)(Sept 4)

Hi all. I did it again. Last night, I spent several hours looking at and downloading freeware liveries and scenery. I love finding new liveries for the planes I regularly fly, and I get a real kick out of discovering scenery packets for places that look like fun. My wife says I spend as much time going through freeware sites as I do flying. She may be right. And that leads to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  Do you gather liveries for your favorite planes, and do you add lots of scenery packages to your collection?

• Like 6

Re 1.: Yes, regularly. And I try to always use liveries for the countries I fly in.

Re 2.: Only if a) I intend to fly there and b) the quality is ok. That applies both to free- and payware.

As a consequence I am always on the look for new SSDs... 😉

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

I don't pursue liveries too much, but do spend some time looking for quality freeware for the areas I fly in which makes up about half of my total scenery packages.  Like many, the vast majority of my freeware comes from "flightsim.to."  I have enough of those sceneries (over 250) such that my last update check on "flightsim.to" generated 18 sceneries that had updates ready for download (love that "flightsim.to" feature.)  And, of course, updating the sceneries takes a little time since it is not automatic like we get from Orbx Central.  It is great that some freeware developers regularly update their sceneries.

Rod    

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Not too much on liveries but sceneries from flightsim.to are fun to discover.  Of course Orbx and their partners keep me busy too.

Just found an enhancement for the Feather River canyon last night.  Over 50 miles of fixes, mesh adjustments, POI, easter eggs, along the river in California.  Best white water rafting ever!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I don't worry too much about liveries as you can't really see the plane from inside the cockpit and I seldom use the outside view. I have most Orbx stuff for P3D but if I find an airport that is incorrect I just make a new one myself.

Larry

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, larryisenor said:

I don't worry too much about liveries as you can't really see the plane from inside the cockpit and I seldom use the outside view. I have most Orbx stuff for P3D but if I find an airport that is incorrect I just make a new one myself.

Larry

You have no idea, Larry, how envious you just made me. 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Re 1.: Yes, regularly. And I try to always use liveries for the countries I fly in.

Re 2.: Only if a) I intend to fly there and b) the quality is ok. That applies both to free- and payware.

As a consequence I am always on the look for new SSDs... 😉

What he said - except I'm not looking for SSDs👍

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Yes I get liveries for my aircraft but I don't download and scenery the only scenery on my machine is from OrbxDirect and nothing else.

cheers 

Iain 

Why does this not surprise me, Master of the Screenshots? 😅

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Why does this not surprise me, Master of the Screenshots? 😅

11 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Yes I get liveries for my aircraft but I don't download and scenery the only scenery on my machine is from OrbxDirect and nothing else.

cheers 

Iain 

I'm not concerned about liveries.  I fly the light blue Mooney Bravo which shows my tail number "N2442P."

Like Ian, I have gone with Orbx scenery, both payware and freeware.  But I do have a couple of sceneries from other developers, namely KRNO Reno, KPHX Phoenix Sky Harbor and KDEN Denver.  I wish Orbx had these, but since they don't, and these are airports I frequently use, I have no choice. These are really quite good, but if Orbx would offer these for P3D, and any number of other US locations, I'd snap them up.  

Ken

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Scenery, scenery, scenery, way too much scenery! I'm never going to fly around half of it. One day I'll get around to off loading the stuff I never use. Hopefully my boot up time will decrease :)

Cheers 

Graeme 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

I believe the collecting of scenery that you never fly to is an addiction, I have had it for at least 10 years, the list of airports I have in my sims that I have never flown to is quite large, inital look around and then that's it, I need help...

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, wain71 said:

I believe the collecting of scenery that you never fly to is an addiction, I have had it for at least 10 years, the list of airports I have in my sims that I have never flown to is quite large, inital look around and then that's it, I need help...

big clean up then - into a reserve file - come November? - you dooo need help

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

Downloads Anonymous anyone?

• Haha 3