MSFS oh oh

Hi all,

couldn't do much in the sims during last weeks and I'm afraid this will not change for next weeks.

In MSFS with the latest updates there are new controls available for the helicopters and I just practice how to assign it, seems to be useful.

5 shots here from Billy Bishop Toronto and Hawaii.

But with that latest update my fps where down to below 10. So I removed everything from the community folder, was fine again.

And now I have a lot of work to bring all the addons back, so far I couldn't find out which one caused the issue. As if I have nothing else to do.

UXDApsL.jpg

qNBXpN8.jpg

0PbAxsy.jpg

FhpjmD0.jpeg

vbk9frU.jpg

Thank you very much for viewing!

Cheers

Andreas

• Like 6

Nice shots there Andreas!  I've been there with finding the culprit for problems.  Maybe just start by making a list of your favorite scenes and visiting them all one at a time just for the joy.  Then if possible use AddonLinker to deactivate your sceneries and add them back in 10 at a time until you find witch block of 10 has the offender.

• Like 3

Nice shots despite your FPS problem, Andy. Now we have to guess which airports you flew, after Toronto Billy Bishop...

And I will have to check if my helicopter controls are changed as well (I have two dedicated joystick profiles for the default ones and CowanSim).

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Nice shots there Andreas!  I've been there with finding the culprit for problems.  Maybe just start by making a list of your favorite scenes and visiting them all one at a time just for the joy.  Then if possible use AddonLinker to deactivate your sceneries and add them back in 10 at a time until you find witch block of 10 has the offender.

12 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Just like Rob did I recommend https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker to always deactivate what you don´t need during a flight.

8 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots Andreas I hope you get your problems sorted. 

cheers

Iain 

Thank you all very much gentlemen!

It's perhaps a good idea to use a tool to deactivate some sceneries in the folder but I will certainly not do that as a regular setup for a flight

and deactivate everything which is not needed there. But I will have a look at the "addons-linker".

12 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Nice shots despite your FPS problem, Andy. Now we have to guess which airports you flew, after Toronto Billy Bishop...

And I will have to check if my helicopter controls are changed as well (I have two dedicated joystick profiles for the default ones and CowanSim).

The sceneries at Hawaii are PHMK Molokai and the little PHLU which comes with it, than somewhere on the way to PHOG Kahului and than PHOG.

And the sceneries run perfect.

So what I did so far to explain it: Installed the update and had these 8 or 9 fps afterwards. Took everything out of the community folder. 

Than I did a few flights without any addons, was perfect.

Now I copied some addons back, all payware: Cowan 222B, kbli, cytz, cyvr, phhn, phjh, phmk, phmu, phny, phog, eglc, enal, esgg,

london city pack. All running well without problems.

Now I copied some paints for the B407 and the B58 back and the hpg-airbus-h135, no problems, this is freeware. 

So when I did the shots it was running perfectly. I'm quite shure that the offender is a freeware addon, so next I will copy more

payware addons back and test it.

But compared with P3d and Xplane the sim always creates a lot of extra work since I have it, that's for sure.

One helicopter setting I'm just testing is to assign the "Z" axis of the stick to "tail-rotor". Seems to be a bit smoother and 

realistic because if you leave it to the default it's the rudder axis. I use a dedicated profile for keyboard and joystick for every heli.

Cheers

Andreas

• Like 1

Hope you get your issues sorted out Andreas. Tell you what, if I flew anything without wings I would be in serious trouble with more issues than you can imagine. 😄

• Like 2

nice shots, I feel your pain, I guess we have all been there with similar sim issues, I always found I had issues when I had a bunch of time to sim and it would all go wrong...I to am still getting egg beater issues, I gave up, no control and life's to short for me to learn..😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, adambar said:

Hope you get your issues sorted out Andreas. Tell you what, if I flew anything without wings I would be in serious trouble with more issues than you can imagine. 😄

Thank's a lot Adam! 🙂 You can learn to fly without wings, it's easier in msfs because they added special options for helicopters. And it's fun, good for 

looking at special sceneries. You can use the Bell 407 or the Gimbal, no payware addon needed to start. I can give you additional information if you want.

5 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice shots, I feel your pain, I guess we have all been there with similar sim issues, I always found I had issues when I had a bunch of time to sim and it would all go wrong...I to am still getting egg beater issues, I gave up, no control and life's to short for me to learn..😁

Thank you Wayne! I'm very sure that everybody here knows something he will not learn within this live. My personal catastrophe is iron and than fold the stuff. I have to control myself every time so that I don't slam everything against the wall. 😲

Edited by andiflyit
  • Like 1