Plane Spotting From My Couch

When we retired, we chose our present apartment because it was close to both Fairchild AFB and Spokane Intl. Final approach west to Fairchild goes over us, though still at a thousand feet or so. Lots of KC-135s and often Navy F-18s. Sometimes C-17s and KC-46As. Once, Air Force One. The civilian airport is about five miles southeast. Those commercial planes we see only at a distance coming in and taking off, although the FedEx/UPS Cessna Caravans make their downwind over us four times a day. Love it -- and love the videos, Adam. Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

When we retired, we chose our present apartment because it was close to both Fairchild AFB and Spokane Intl. Final approach west to Fairchild goes over us, though still at a thousand feet or so. Lots of KC-135s and often Navy F-18s. Sometimes C-17s and KC-46As. Once, Air Force One. The civilian airport is about five miles southeast. Those commercial planes we see only at a distance coming in and taking off, although the FedEx/UPS Cessna Caravans make their downwind over us four times a day. Love it -- and love the videos, Adam. Thanks! 

whenever we stayed at any hotels near the airport when on vacation, I always requested a room facing the runways, great way to pass time until your flight the next day.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

some great videos there....they fly over my house heading into to EGGD, mostly 737 / 320s but not very low....on another subject I was watching Mach loop on YT on the TV as was very surprised at how impressed the wife was and she even said she'd like to go and see it...

• Like 1