Le Mans 2024....

26 minutes ago, wain71 said:

Just been watching free practice, one of my favourite weekends of the year, I hope to go one year....any one else looking forward to this by this?

I used to - Many yonks ago - now prefer F1 - its shorter;)

• Like 2

Nah, F1 isn't much of a race spread out to far and not much change in leaders. Real excitement of high speed close up racing at up to 210mph NASCAR baby. The F1 boys couldn't handle that they would be bumped off the track in the first lap LOL.

None of the crashes were fatal.

• Like 3

Been there twice quite a few years ago. They were both dry sunny weekends which was just as well because we just nodded off on the grass beside the track when our alcoholstream was suitably saturated with 1664 Kronenbourg. The Corvette C6.Rs overcame the beer induced snooze as they were so loud. It was a great atmosphere and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great memories from my 30s. For the record, we did shower on the Sunday night at our hotel back in Paris before we hit the town 😊

These days, I stock up with a case of Kronenbourg and watch it at home on Eurosport TV.

• Like 3

On 6/12/2024 at 11:18 AM, wain71 said:

Just been watching free practice, one of my favourite weekends of the year, I hope to go one year....any one else looking forward to this by this?

Have a great time Wayne.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, adambar said:

Nah, F1 isn't much of a race spread out to far and not much change in leaders. Real excitement of high speed close up racing at up to 210mph NASCAR baby. The F1 boys couldn't handle that they would be bumped off the track in the first lap LOL.

None of the crashes were fatal.

Real action you'll find at MotoGP.

• Like 3

Just curious about this Nascar v F1?

How many corners in one lap are negotiated in Nascar - F1 usually has 13/14 including at least one chicane

That's driving a fast car in a race - not sheer speed "driving" around a banked track

• Like 2

Will give it a look when it's on TV here and I must admit I agree with Adam F1 has become more boring than watching paint dry same in just about every race and practice and qualifying the same driver winning in all of them I don't really watch anymore.

cheers 

Iain 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Just curious about this Nascar v F1?

How many corners in one lap are negotiated in Nascar - F1 usually has 13/14 including at least one chicane

That's driving a fast car in a race - not sheer speed "driving" around a banked track

John, NASCAR runs road coarses as well as the oval tracks.

Myself I prefer the oval tracks for the sheer speed and maneuvering at high speed bumper to bumper plus you can see the race as opposed to driving around the countryside somewhere. 😄

• Like 2

@adambar NASCAR, oh yes, love it but unfortunately we don't see it here unless you subscribe to another channel....Road America I think is not an Oval either....also Bristol Speedway oval, pretty sure it's about 15 seconds per lap with nearly 50 cars on track, skilful drivers for sure how they get to the end...I think a Nascar driver would be better in a F1 car than an F1 driver in a Nascar on an oval...that Camaro was impressive at Le Mans, not sure if Button didn't drive it last year?

Aussie V8 can have some great races to.....

@wolfko yeah MOTOGP is superb, some good races this year, Marquez / Bagnaia....(not sure on spelling)....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

@adambar NASCAR, oh yes, love it but unfortunately we don't see it here unless you subscribe to another channel....Road America I think is not an Oval either....also Bristol Speedway oval, pretty sure it's about 15 seconds per lap with nearly 50 cars on track, skilful drivers for sure how they get to the end...I think a Nascar driver would be better in a F1 car than an F1 driver in a Nascar on an oval...that Camaro was impressive at Le Mans, not sure if Button didn't drive it last year?

Aussie V8 can have some great races to.....

@wolfko yeah MOTOGP is superb, some good races this year, Marquez / Bagnaia....(not sure on spelling)....

I think your right, if you can drive a NASCAR car bumper to bumper at over 200mph you can drive anything. I can't even imagine driving 500 miles that close at that speed, the concentration and fatigue, man. Danica Patrick was a F1 driver that came over to NASCAR and that didn't work out very well, I think the good ol' boys ran her into the wall half the time.

NASCAR driver Jimmy Johnson, F1 Jensen Button and Mike Rokenfeller drove the Camero in 23 at Le Mans.

Full NASCAR replay from Talladega 23 for you without Commercials.

• Like 2