AMD or Intel

Just looking for some opinions,  I've been out of the Flight sim world for a while , going to get back to it , going to build a new PC , I'm reading different opinions on best CPU for MSFS 2020 , some say AMD 79503D , others say Intel 14900 k , any thoughts and experiences on the subject ? 

I have always had Intel, my son always AMD, I'm building a new rig next year so I'll be interested in what people post here, I am open to either....I do think though unless you've swapped and had a really positive / negative experience most will say that what they have is probably best.... 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have heard either are good depending on budget however I've also seen that when it comes to video cards Nvidia is the way to go for flight swimming. My son runs MSFS quite satisfactory with an AMD CPU and Nvidia graphics :)

Edited by boetie
  • Like 2

I have AMD for awhile now with no problems and even in the last couple of have only updated the CPU. Even though Intel have been perhaps a touch ahead years before, I feel at the moment it is the age of the AMD and looks to be true for a little bit longer. Less problems with voltage and heat. The 7000 X3D series AMD is killer and something like a 5800x3d is still a strong contender. Numbers show AMD doing a lot better with msfs, which is a plus. I've seen a lot of people that ran Intels now running AMDs and other with the latest Intels regretting their latest purchase.

As for GPU, Nvidia and the 4000 series especially the 4090, though expensive is the best option. VR and raytracing wise I had to steer clear of the 7900xtx, which I was really considering getting.
tbh, when I got my last upgrade I was happy to go either way depending on what I saw. But, clearly I chose the best side at the time and totally happy with it.

You will get baised opinion on this subject and you will get opinions of people saying things like 'I had AMD back in the day and will never get one'.

Doing your research yourself is the best option.

If you live in a colder climate, you might benefit from your computer acting as your house heating as well. Boom! out! :P

Milo

• Like 3