Paypal Payment method

INikYTI

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Payments of Paypal through Orbx Central or Orbx Direct sometimes works, but often does not. Who can guess how many tens of thousands of dollars in lost sales this has cost Orbx. Probably nobody knows. Even the Legacy forum has a complaint thread about this issue.

As for me, I often pay more buying the same product from another site, rather than use the very buggy Paypal method on Orbx Central. I'm not the only one.

6 hours ago, A.C. Ratone said:

Payments of Paypal through Orbx Central or Orbx Direct sometimes works, but often does not. Who can guess how many tens of thousands of dollars in lost sales this has cost Orbx. Probably nobody knows. Even the Legacy forum has a complaint thread about this issue.

As for me, I often pay more buying the same product from another site, rather than use the very buggy Paypal method on Orbx Central. I'm not the only one.

The problem has always been attributed to PayPal itself, and a total lack of support for Orbx. For nearly a year as I recall someone in PayPal decided that Orbx was a torrent site and not only stopped payments but held funds as hostage.  Given that history, as well as other known problems with the PayPal model where scammers can simply declare a product faulty and get a full refund, I wonder that Orbx even includes them in its payment model. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2024 at 3:15 AM, John Dow said:

The problem has always been attributed to PayPal itself, and a total lack of support for Orbx. For nearly a year as I recall someone in PayPal decided that Orbx was a torrent site and not only stopped payments but held funds as hostage.  Given that history, as well as other known problems with the PayPal model where scammers can simply declare a product faulty and get a full refund, I wonder that Orbx even includes them in its payment model. 

Yeah, I think to remember. But wasn't that even back in the John Venema era?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wolfko said:

Yeah, I think to remember. But wasn't that even back in the John Venema era?

I believe it was, I have used it recently with no issues.....

A big problem for me trying to use Paypal on Orbx Central is that the app is not very easy to size adjust. And I can't see the whole app on my 32" 1440p monitor. It is hard to click on icons when you can't see them because they are too low on the screen or too far to the right to be seen.

I do not have this problem at all with Simmarket, JustFlight, Contrails, or the MSFS marketplace. I can see everything. Nothing is hidden and out of view.

I know all the Windows keyboard shortcuts to move a window or to resize it. This does not help with Orbx Central. Orbx Central looks nice and slick. But for me it is not very usable because I can't see it all. Never have been able to for years.

Hello,
Open the Orbx Central\Settings\General page and tick this box:

13.jpg

Click on the X at the top right of the Window and Orbx Central will now minimise to the system tray.
Left click on the hidden icons arrow, here:

14.jpg

You will see the yellow Orbx Central icon:

15.jpg

Left click on that and select Rest Window Position

12.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

One issue I've identified today is that PayPal through Orbx Central will get stuck on the "Just a second" screen when two factor authentication (2FA) is on for the PayPal account. When I turned off 2FA the PayPal wallet came up right away and purchase when through normally. 

• Thanks 1

Hello,

welcome to the forums.
Many thanks for this feedback, it should help any fellow customer with the same problem.
It is not what happens when I try to use PayPal though.
I also have PayPal 2FA enabled but I am asked for the code by PayPal and after entering it,
the PayPal wallet appears and it appears that I could complete the purchase.

23.jpg

• Like 1