EGLC London City v2 preview

Whilst I am disappointed by the need to charge for the upgrade. Its a little easier to accept when its around a third of the price of the other one due out tomorrow. 

That being said, the airport does look great. Can't wait to break another Bae146 on it. 

From the screenshots, are all scenery buildings part of the airport addon, or are the buildings on the north side of the marina part of the London Landmarks pack?

Edited by Jcannon83
  • Confused 1

Hi

Personnaly, from these shots, i do not see any improvement on inside modeling.

It's a small airport, one terminal, not jetways.

The least to do on such an upgrade is too improve inside modeling that gives the feeling of life in the airport.

Olivier

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The detailed modeling of the outside of the airport, as seen in the pics, is very impressive.  For example, I compared the "remote digital air traffic control tower" to pics of the real life version and find that the artists attention to detail is excellent.  I can't wait to get this update!  

Edited by stiletto2
  • Like 2

Question:

The area immediately east of the runway, right across the strip of water beneath the approach lights; In the original scenery we could see a rather large parking area / chunk yard filled with cars, containers, boats and rubbish, and it was all flat. So landing on RWY27 always felt a bit immersion destroying due to one flying low over this vast area of flat objects being in plain sight. Have you perhaps been able to clean it up a bit or add a 3D model here and there?

Not expecting super detailed things of course, but just a bit of 3D (stock objects) here and there would make the approach look so much more realistic.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure that there are going to be some people who will object to paying for an upgrade.  I look at it in the same way that I look at buying an upgraded computer or upgraded car.   And I know that nobody likes to work for free, so I will be happy to pay for an upgrade.

Jerry

• Like 3

9 hours ago, happytraveller said:

I am sure that there are going to be some people who will object to paying for an upgrade.  I look at it in the same way that I look at buying an upgraded computer or upgraded car.   And I know that nobody likes to work for free, so I will be happy to pay for an upgrade.

Jerry

In this case it's not an upgrade, it's new build. If you have the original it will continue to be what you paid for. If you want to have the new layout and graphics, you can choose to get it or not. Orbx airports have always been released as point in time products, some developers choose to update or upgrade. But this is a new build that was a result of a major change to the airport, and as I understand it, because of the unique nature of the location, it required a fresh start. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, John Dow said:

In this case it's not an upgrade, it's new build. If you have the original it will continue to be what you paid for. If you want to have the new layout and graphics, you can choose to get it or not. Orbx airports have always been released as point in time products, some developers choose to update or upgrade. But this is a new build that was a result of a major change to the airport, and as I understand it, because of the unique nature of the location, it required a fresh start. 

So therefore £5 makes this "Upgrade" a complete bargain!! :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mattius said:

However my definition of the word soon seems to be quite different to Orbx! 13 Days & counting! 😉

maybe it's like a fine wine and will improve with age, there was a time we would get Iains final shots just before release...

• Like 3

Just bought it for €5.50 and it looks stunning. At that price it’s great value. You have to uninstall Version 1 and then it allows you download and install. 
€5.50 will not buy you two cups of coffee in Dublin so a bargain for sure!

John.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GeorgeP said:

Hi, is the MSFS store EGLC upgrade pricing bundle available yet?  I purchased v1 and would like to use the upgrade pricing to upgrade to v2 

Thanks,

George

Not yet George

The Marketplace is always behind. It could be weeks away.

Guys, I sincerely hope you will add the default ground services, although not entirely realistic at this airport. People who don't like it can easily disable them via the MSFS menu. Also please add a bonus stand for the A320neo. A lot of people use it to fly there, although not allowed IRL.

• Like 1

@Orbx

Im quite disappointed from this "Update", why does it not have the EGLC specific Touch down zone marking lights? You even missed it in V1.

This is a very important part of this airport... UK2000 version has it, as far as I know.

The ground markings at the GAT area, are also far away from correct/complete.

Edited by Jetpilot82
  • Like 3

I like the "train" that passes by the terminal too. If possible to add it would be nice

Also the look inside the windows is very poor, just a bunch of chairs forced to fit, it would be nice to upgrade that too

Thanks

Carlos

• Like 2

On 5/28/2023 at 5:18 PM, Jetpilot82 said:

@Orbx

Im quite disappointed from this "Update", why does it not have the EGLC specific Touch down zone marking lights? You even missed it in V1.

This is a very important part of this airport... UK2000 version has it, as far as I know.

The ground markings at the GAT area, are also far away from correct/complete.

What's worse, the green threshold lights have been misplaced and are now located on the physical threshold instead of the displaced one. This was correct in V1 as far as I can remember.

• Like 1

• Orbx locked this topic