We have entered countdown mode

:) Maggie is now 3 days away from Giving birth to 12 beautiful  labrador puppies. - yep thats what I said 12. My wife had her to the vet this morning for her    Xray, and as far as she can tell, Maggie is carrying 12 puppies due sometime between tomorrow Sunday  and  Tuesday so counting down. My wife of course is delighted, not so much about the number, she  hoping for about six or eight a more manageable number. ME, all I can see is a lot off sleepless nights ahead. Not my doing, but I guess I'm in for the ride. :rolleyes: Wish me luck.

DonMaggiePregnant032023.JPG.05bebe5b09298675033c57965c84ceb9.JPG

• Upvote 3

sheesh !! - Don - I feal good being Grandad to 12 off springs - but not sure how you will feel after 12 all at once:o:blink::D

I can se a big fight coming with only 8 able to chomp down at once

Take your mind off windows folder probs for a while anyways;)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, John Heaton said:

sheesh !! - Don - I feal good being Grandad to 12 off springs - but not sure how you will feel after 12 all at once:o:blink::D

I can se a big fight coming with only 8 able to chomp down at once

Take your mind off windows folder probs for a while anyways;)

That is about the ONLY consolation. My wife has been carting me around all weekend so far getting things she needs/forgot to get, and quite frankly, I'm knackered and it hasn't really started yet.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, boetie said:

Buckle up Don! Hope you've got plenty of reinforcements to share the load. Good luck to Maggie and the extended family. 

Cheers 

Graeme :)

Thanks mate, Max (Daddy) is getting really toey, running around growling and whining, think he knows what's about to happen. 😄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, boetie said:

Buckle up Don! Hope you've got plenty of reinforcements to share the load. Good luck to Maggie and the extended family. 

Cheers 

Graeme :)

Unfortunately not much backup here mate, Fancy lending a hand. 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Well, we'll all be with you in spirit, Don :)

Thanks Rodger. Interested to see if they bark with a Pommie accent 😄 Daddy has very strong English ties he comes from a long line of English Champions. 🙂

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

They will be so cute Don.

Looking forward to seeing pics

when they are born.

I may even flip the lid of one for you.

But just for you.:D

cheers

Gumby

Well thank you mate, very nice. And you will see pics, not very pretty when they are new born, but as they develop and get fluffy, yeah pics.😄

• Like 3

Well here they are guys, Maggie's babies, all nine of them. Unfortunately we lost one at birth. 

Here we have five girls and four boys, 3days old and all doing quite well :)

maggiesbabies.thumb.JPG.722c2f27e938cc3cf70e05dd37535704.JPG

Brreaking out the port and cigars tonight :D

Don

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 3/23/2023 at 12:01 PM, gumbypickett said:

Wow they very nice looking pups Don, congrats. 

I'm going to have a Boags now just for the cute

additions to your family.:rolleyes:

cheers

Gumby

Yeah right, any excuse to pop the cork Gumby 😄 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 1:12 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

Congratulations, Don. A beautiful bunch. How's mama doing?

She's good Rodger, but at the moment not sure what these little bunch of noise makers are. Because they were born C section, she hasn't got the instant connection that the mothers have when it's a natural birth, but we are making sure she has constant contact with them and she's coming on nicely. Took a couple of days, but now she's cleaning them which is a really good sign.  🙂

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2023 at 5:26 PM, wain71 said:

nice one Don....keeping you busy I would think...

Very busy mate. I'm not part of the two hourly feeds, (thank God), but we have my grand daughter here and people moving around the house at the middle of the night is pretty disturbing. Since Covert I'm not sleeping well and this doesn't help, but it is what it is, and you just have to go along with it. I'm a animal person, mainly dogs, so I'll put up with whatever I have to ensure their well being.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 11:30 AM, tom said:

Don, any chance you could squeeze time into your busy schedule to send us an update shot of what now must be a bunch of real cute little labs ???😃

Sure Tom, posting them now. Thanks for the interest :)

• Like 1

I have instructions, don't post any with me in them (wife), okay dear :D. I put a couple in with daddy Max, he's big, and he's beautiful and has the best temperament, and so does Maggie, so they'll be the best puppies anyone could adopt.

maggiepuppies1.thumb.JPG.de5ff56ef42f4da145a0268f381728fd.JPGmaggiepuppies2.thumb.JPG.98789adcc2abf42c2c72520702ca6dea.JPG

maggiepuppies3.thumb.JPG.bb0233fc25860643df36b5d0b392c292.JPG

maggiepuppies4.thumb.JPG.084346daa34b2ca990b088e7c0b7e9a8.JPGmaggiepuppies5.JPG.62175e09b1efafd6474744d2236f135b.JPG

maggiepuppiesDaddyMax.thumb.JPG.fcedd1d58a8715b470a0e8659b7406d8.JPG

MaxandLouise(Lulu).thumb.JPG.c66ce6034265b2f0afb56fe604dd15ad.JPG

The fourth pic is Mum making sure her pups are safe. I feel for her right now, but the pups can't have her milk, they have the runs, so NO milk, and she is really upset, she wants to be with them. They are just beautiful now, the first two weeks was shear hell but we got through it, and when you get to this stage, you tend to forget how bad it was - well almost :D                                                   

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Don, how long have you been wearing 

nail polish for?:lol:

Seriously though, how long?:lol:

Very cute pups at that age Don, they look 

very healthy and happy.:)

cheers

Gumby

Yeah they are beautiful mate, four weeks now and boy can they eat 🙄😃. They are on solids which helps, putting on heaps of weight now, wife has to watch they don't over do it. One breeder described Labradors as "stomachs with a mouth" 😂😂, and I think he's right, they have already started.

• Upvote 1

Yes thanks for the progress report Don … as expected they’re the cutest bundles of mischief imaginable.
Please keep us in the update loop if you are able to find the time. At what age will they be stepping out into the big wide world. Cheers mate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, tom said:

Yes thanks for the progress report Don … as expected they’re the cutest bundles of mischief imaginable.
Please keep us in the update loop if you are able to find the time. At what age will they be stepping out into the big wide world. Cheers mate.

Thanks Tom, they've just started to get into trouble 😀 wrecking their pen floor coverings and play fighting each other. They leave home at about eight to ten weeks.

• Like 1

Thanks for the photos, Don. What a perpetual motion machine! And about as cuddly as it gets. Keep those updates coming!

Thanks for the photos, Don. What a perpetual motion machine! And about as cuddly as it gets. Keep those updates coming!

Thanks Rodger, they are growing very quickly, so in few days I'll take a few more pics and post them. 🙂

• Like 1