So where are they?

Aussieflyer38

I've been off the forums for a period, but have returned lately with a number different subjects, and I've noticed a lot of my simmer mates missing. I know Jack Sawyer and Martyn only visit on occasions, I think Jack lurks a lot 😄 but John (Brad), Sniper, etc, who are regulars, just not to be found. Holiday season or maybe just taking a break? Anyway, looking forward to having a forum of regulars back again soon, and checking out your screen shots. 🙂

Don  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

I'm with you, Don. Too many familiar folks have just disappeared. I miss 'em.

Yes, and I think we are a great bunch of people here. I've never had the desire to go to other forums and post, been very happy here. A couple of years back I posted a few pics on Avsim, but that was because they weren't Orbx and I couldn't post them here, but now with all the partners, you can post a heap of varied shots, really great I think.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, wain71 said:

I have a look on Avsim every now and then but can't be bothered with the bickering, always come on here as we are a happier helpful bunch of people...

it's just like a GOOD DINNER PARTY - with good wine and good friends - all with the same hobby conversations

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to spend all my forum/online type time here until a couple of years back. I pop in occasionally now just in case there's anything of interest for me but mostly to use the PM system to communicate with one other person.

For me, two things happened, around the same sort of time. Firstly, Orbx itself changed. I don't find much to interest me in their own products anymore. I bought pretty much everything there was for P3D and XP up until MSFS came out, and it was always absolutely top class. I no longer feel that to be the case. And for me, Orbx has just become another SimMarket or similar. And I felt that any even mild criticism or suggestion about any of the products or processes being implemented in the new Orbx world were not welcome on the forums. Oh, and Nick and Iain, if you read this I'm definitely not talking about you two guys here. You're both models of diplomacy and discretion.

Secondly, the forums started to feel a bit too banal. I found little of real interest being posted and instead it was becoming an endless stream of "Happy Birthday xxxx" stuff.

So now I live mostly on avsim. Yes, it's got its fair share (and then some) of opionated so-and-so's but there is a lot of useful discussion and info as well. They have a rather over anxious attitude to language sometimes ("offensive initials not allowed" made me laugh) but generally the mods keep things calm without getting too officious (although, like all forum software, a "dislike" button would be a useful way of perhaps discouraging some of the folk).

I happened to pop in today to see if there was anything in the announcements, and saw this. But I doubt I'll be back to read any response (if given) for another month or two. Avsim can be a bit of a bear pit, but it's easy enough to just ignore folk (as in "just ignore him" rather than the "ignore" button - even an annoying git can still have occasional moments of lucidity)

To those of you who have stayed - enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Not even Nick is around these days, but probably because there's nothing much for him to comment on. I'll have to think of something to stir him up, maybe a "naughty" word will do the job. 😄

Don 

BEER:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/11/2023 at 12:01 AM, andy1252 said:

I used to spend all my forum/online type time here until a couple of years back. I pop in occasionally now just in case there's anything of interest for me but mostly to use the PM system to communicate with one other person.

For me, two things happened, around the same sort of time. Firstly, Orbx itself changed. I don't find much to interest me in their own products anymore. I bought pretty much everything there was for P3D and XP up until MSFS came out, and it was always absolutely top class. I no longer feel that to be the case. And for me, Orbx has just become another SimMarket or similar. And I felt that any even mild criticism or suggestion about any of the products or processes being implemented in the new Orbx world were not welcome on the forums. Oh, and Nick and Iain, if you read this I'm definitely not talking about you two guys here. You're both models of diplomacy and discretion.

Secondly, the forums started to feel a bit too banal. I found little of real interest being posted and instead it was becoming an endless stream of "Happy Birthday xxxx" stuff.

So now I live mostly on avsim. Yes, it's got its fair share (and then some) of opionated so-and-so's but there is a lot of useful discussion and info as well. They have a rather over anxious attitude to language sometimes ("offensive initials not allowed" made me laugh) but generally the mods keep things calm without getting too officious (although, like all forum software, a "dislike" button would be a useful way of perhaps discouraging some of the folk).

I happened to pop in today to see if there was anything in the announcements, and saw this. But I doubt I'll be back to read any response (if given) for another month or two. Avsim can be a bit of a bear pit, but it's easy enough to just ignore folk (as in "just ignore him" rather than the "ignore" button - even an annoying git can still have occasional moments of lucidity)

To those of you who have stayed - enjoy!

You nail it, my friend.

Agree!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

You nail it, my friend.

Agree!

4 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

You nail it, my friend.

Agree!

Yes:) I find not much on offer anymore unless your into MSFS.

The dollar becomes harder to find.:huh:

cheers

Gumby

• Like 2