MSFS Weather Engine - Suggestions

shane2801

Rex have a weather add-on for msfs but honestly the live weather in msfs is good enough for me 90% of the time. But... Rex weather has a series of scenarios such as approaching cold front etc which work well on flights longer than local jaunts, last time I tried I think it was an hour in GA to complete the sequence. Might be YouTube examples? 

• Like 2

MSFS default live weather is by far more realistic than Rex live weather. Bought Rex, used it for a few weeks, dumped it.

MSFS live weather is so good, that there is also no need for AS. I guess AS developers are thinking the same.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1

MSFS default live weather is also still in development and the API is closed for third party developers. So there is no chance that a 3PD will make an alternative.

I thought the REX weather app is not 100% taking over the weather because of that closed API. Maybe a more intelligent way of drawing clouds?

Also, like stated above, I believe the MSFS weather is pretty good with just some room for enhancements but overall, I am in no need of an external weather program.

• Like 1