Gothenburg-Landvetter Update preview MSFS2020

On 2/7/2023 at 6:34 PM, FilbertFlies said:

Oh wow, very much looking forward to this! Looks great.

Thank you! :) 

On 2/7/2023 at 11:32 PM, Matt McGee said:

Looks fantastic Marcus!  :)

Thanks Matt :)

17 hours ago, DanielFall said:

Looks great Marcus! 

Not to be that guy but any more news about the Sälen/Trysil airport?

Thanks Daniel!

No, the conversion is pretty much ready though. All buildings are in place but there are some terrain features still needs to be corrected. It's on it's way, just have to prioritize ESGG & ESSA first. :)

15 hours ago, wain71 said:

this is looking very good, but I would expect nothing else...

Thank you, that is very kind of you :)

2 hours ago, Emilian said:

Finally! You have no idea how happy I am about the uncoming update. That news really made my day. Outstanding work Marcus 👌

Thanks Emilian! Very happy to hear! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 9:02 PM, wesader said:

remove all static aircrafts marketplace bought. ty btw looks great :)

Only 3 business jet statics will be in the marketplace build so nothing on cargo, terminals or airline parkings.

thanks!

21 hours ago, IXOYE56 said:

Looks great Marcus 👍

thanks!

17 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Awesome!

thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Are we there yet 😉?

Hey!

Sorry, the scenery has been pretty much ready for a few weeks but we are adding airside animated traffic with a new module that will be something extra, much more realistic vehicle behaviours. We figured it was best to get it all done instead of patching the traffic, which took a bit longer than we first thought.

Also, the SU12 update will enable us to add the backstairs to the gates which we had removed in the current build as they would look weird when connecting to the airplane. So the release will be after SU12 has been released so we can get it all to work in one go :)

Hoping to have the final build in testing next week and hopefully that goes quickly.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats with the new post! :)
I wonder how will be the optional features be handled for the Marketplace users?
Also, are the both Kiruna and Scandinavian Mountains still planned as a freeware alongside Gothenburg? they were promised a long time ago - but still no further updates on their status. Personally I wouldn't be even bothered if they would be re-classified as a payware. After all you're one of the few Developers out there who brings a lot of wonderful enhancements to already great airports, without even asking a penny.. sometimes even adding things along the way.

On 4/7/2023 at 12:50 PM, AMD72 said:

Hi Marcus

The screenshots look fabulous. Any further update on the release?

cheers

Andrew

Hey Andrew!

Most likely sometime this week! :)

On 4/7/2023 at 1:27 PM, Flyer2022 said:

Congrats with the new post! :)
I wonder how will be the optional features be handled for the Marketplace users?
Also, are the both Kiruna and Scandinavian Mountains still planned as a freeware alongside Gothenburg? they were promised a long time ago - but still no further updates on their status. Personally I wouldn't be even bothered if they would be re-classified as a payware. After all you're one of the few Developers out there who brings a lot of wonderful enhancements to already great airports, without even asking a penny.. sometimes even adding things along the way.

Thank you so much, that was very kind of you :)
The optional features will sadly not be available as a config tool options for people that bought on Marketplace, but I think you could easily manually disable the neccesary files if wanted. If you like to disable something after the update reach Marketplace, let me know and I can probably guide you on how to do that.

As for Kiruna & Scandinavian Mountains Airport, they will be freewares as promised but I'm not done with those yet. At the moment all my focus is on finishing Stockholm-Arlanda so I will keep on with those once that is done. I'm not sure yet if they will go with Landvetter or Malmö or one for each maybe. We'll see :)

19 hours ago, CoolEgg said:

also looking forward to the Landvetter update!

But not less to Kiruna - that was such a lovely scenery in P3D and I miss it.

Glad to hear! Thanks!

Seems like many people have a special connection to Kiruna :) those freewares will arrive later this year though in an additional update for either Malmö or Landvetter.

• Like 4

On 11/04/2023 at 07:15, Marcus Nyberg said:

Heureux d'entendre! Merci!

Il semble que beaucoup de gens aient un lien spécial avec Kiruna, :)

Kiruna are the best start tourist place for wildernes adventure with the Kungsleeden or the FjallRaven Classic came more 2000 peoples from the world each year ! 
I'm remember, that's my first destination there is so long when I came for the first time in Sweden !  
Also for winter, that's the Sweden start place for all adventure in back skiing, or sleegdog  or just for Ice Cave Hostel  ;) 
For me too, that's the only airport waiting again in MSFS .... with Arlanda off course  :)   

7 hours ago, Manuel Bigot said:

Kiruna are the best start tourist place for wildernes adventure with the Kungsleeden or the FjallRaven Classic came more 2000 peoples from the world each year ! 
I'm remember, that's my first destination there is so long when I came for the first time in Sweden !  
Also for winter, that's the Sweden start place for all adventure in back skiing, or sleegdog  or just for Ice Cave Hostel  ;) 
For me too, that's the only airport waiting again in MSFS .... with Arlanda off course  :)   

Glad to hear you have so many fond memories from Kiruna :)

I've only been there once on my way to Narvik and stopped for a pizza..

But seems to be a cool place, maybe should travel more in my own country :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Even before starting MSFS up, I smile to myself when I see this kind of thing. Once again, I wish more developers would follow your lead in so many ways Marcus - brilliant!!

Thanks Richard, glad you appreciate it :)

Hope you took the recommendation on the top to start the sim once before making any changes. MSFS2020 creates a record for the addon where it lists what files to load from the scenery the first time you run the simulator after the scenery has been added. If you disable something before running the sim then you are not able to enable that feature later on as it didn't register that file. If you just run the simulator once after installation without deactivating anything you can then deactive and re-activate things as much as you like.

I got a feeling you won't reactivate statics though, but good to know :)

If you make changes prior to the first time you start the sim after you installed the scenery, the only way to reset this is to delete a file in MSFS2020 to force the simulator to rebuild the database for the scenery. No harm in that, it just creates a new set the next time you run the simulator, but might be good to know.

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hope you took the recommendation on the top to start the sim once before making any changes.

Oups, I didn't. However, like you guess I won't be enabling static aircraft anytime soon 😂

The file you mention where MSFS keeps this information, would that be in ...\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\Orbx-airport-esgg-gothenburg.dat ?

If so and I for whatever reason would like to see static aircraft, I delete this file and then enable static aircraft before starting MSFS?

Edited by WebMaximus

24 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Oups, I didn't. However, like you guess I won't be enabling static aircraft anytime soon 😂

The file you mention where MSFS keeps this information, would that be in ...\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\Orbx-airport-esgg-gothenburg.dat ?

If so and I for whatever reason would like to see static aircraft, I delete this file and then enable static aircraft before starting MSFS?

Yes, exactly. In our testing that worked nicely :)

Not optimal bug, but we figured it was nice to have a config tool and this was the best solution we could come up with :)

Perfect, thanks!

Like I said, highly unlikely I'll ever need to use it though. Just out of curiosity, where was this instruction mentioned which I apparently overlooked?

A follow-up question on the static aircraft topic, what are the pros and cons of instead using the built-in sliders for aircraft parked on the ground in MSFS? Meaning you won't need a config tool but can instead set the sliders in MSFS as you wish. Which will determine the amount of static/parked aircraft you'll see in the scenery.

2 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Perfect, thanks!

Like I said, highly unlikely I'll ever need to use it though. Just out of curiosity, where was this instruction mentioned which I apparently overlooked?

A follow-up question on the static aircraft topic, what are the pros and cons of instead using the built-in sliders for aircraft parked on the ground in MSFS? Meaning you won't need a config tool but can instead set the sliders in MSFS as you wish. Which will determine the amount of static/parked aircraft you'll see in the scenery.

Not sure I follow your follow-up question. We make custom statics with fueling trucks, etc to create a immersive environment, not sure it's the same as just using the built in sliders that just places AI as statics, if I understand it correctly! :) Also, for ESGG the only statics we had in the update are 3 business jets in one corner of the airport, there were no commerical airplanes at either cargo or the terminals, they have been removed :)

As for the first question, if you look at the image you posted with the config tool options I think you can see it :) I would probably also have missed it, who reads a title in a config tool! But yeah it was the most in-your-face solution we could think of ;)

😂 Amazing how I missed that one, right before my eyes!! Must be it's Friday...

Regarding static models, what I've seen at some airport is how using the slider in MSFS for 'Ground aircraft density' will affect if and how many static aircraft models will be visible. Setting it all the way to the left will remove all aircraft. Just thought I seems to be a good way handling static aircraft. Where you don't need to come up with an external tool and will be able to please everyone. Regardless if they like or don't like having the aircraft statues 😉

Just landed for the first time since the update and it's looking really life-like and very nice, thanks for this great update Marcus!

• Like 1

Hello,

I have the update loaded and installed from the Orbx application but I don’t think the update did take.

I don’t see the glass jetways. 

I have GSX and I have the right settings there to see the developers gates for this airport.

what can be wrong ?

thanks, Christer 

18 minutes ago, Hiortintexas said:

Hello,

I have the update loaded and installed from the Orbx application but I don’t think the update did take.

I have GSX and I have the right settings there to see the developers gates for this airport.

what can be wrong ?

thanks, Christer 

Hey Christer,

Have you tried to reinstall the scenery just to be sure the update process wasnt corrupt? 

Cheers,

Marcus

5 hours ago, Hiortintexas said:

Hello,

what can be wrong ?

thanks, Christer 

Hei, go in the Fsdt installer, config, press exclude 3rdparty press apply. Then you should see Marcus jetway

Speaking of GSX Pro, will the airport config file found in the installation folder be used automatically or should you move it to the location where GSX Pro normally stores airport config files?

Guess this question is more for FSDT but figured you guys would know.

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

Speaking of GSX Pro, will the airport config file found in the installation folder be used automatically or should you move it to the location where GSX Pro normally stores airport config files?

Guess this question is more for FSDT but figured you guys would know.

You need to move it.