This Week's Meaningless Topic (#124)(Jan20)

Hi all. Experts warn us that immersion in the internet can be a danger to mental health. So much is so aggressively negative, cynical, and sarcastic that remaining constantly in that bubble can warp a person's mental framework. As wise elders, we forum participants have developed counteractions to the nonsense. We have learned how to keep our frameworks healthy by seeking out positive, optimistic, uplifting things that help us stay us in the light. Hence, this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  What nice moment has positively reinforced your outlook lately?

• Like 4

Very timely Rodger. My wife and I co own a very busy optometry business. Just a couple of days ago my wife had to face a very unhinged, angry customer/patient. The person in question was being very unreasonable and downright abusive. Don't worry, my wife is a very strong, intelligent and reasonable human and can hold her own. She handled the subject with her normal calmness and professionalism. What was nice was that a couple of other people who witnessed the onslaught of abuse came back to our premises with a huge bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates for her, conveying their admiration and support. The good souls out number the bad.

Cheers 

Graeme :)

Edited by boetie
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, boetie said:

Very timely Rodger. My wife and I co own a very busy optometry business. Just a couple of days ago my wife had to face a very unhinged, angry customer/patient. The person in question was being very unreasonable and downright abusive. Don't worry, my wife is a very strong, intelligent and reasonable human and can hold her own. She handled the subject with her normal calmness and professionalism. What was nice was that a couple of other people who witnessed the onslaught of abuse came back to our premises with a huge bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates for her, conveying their admiration and support. The good souls out number the bad.

Cheers 

Graeme :)

nice to see there are some nice people about still, to much rushing about and looking at the floor nowadays or their screens...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2