This Week's Meaningless Topic (#120)(Dec 23)

Hi all. We all have memories of Christmas gifts that meant a lot to us. Maybe it was a particular toy, a tool, a hug from a loved one; whatever the case, the gift lives on in fond memory. So this week, let's stroll down memory lane and celebrate some bits of Christmas joy.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  What Christmas gift has meant the most to you over the years?

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

For me, it was when I was about ten. My family didn't have much money, so we kids went without many things, including such luxuries as bicycles. That Christmas. my mom's brother gave his son a new bicycle for Christmas and offered the old one to my folks for me. It was a red Schwinn still in good shape, and I awoke on Christmas morning to find the best Christmas gift ever. I rode it clear into high school and loved every moment of it.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

some great stories there so far, mine was when I was little I was mad on football (soccer), mum & dad bought me a set called Subbuteo, table top football, 'flick to kick', I played with it for hours and hours, as an only child I could leave it set up for ages and no one would mess with it.....I still have it now in boxes in the loft....

I do remember being told in training for the Army we were not getting leave at Christmas, then on Christmas eve they gave us travel permits and 2 weeks off, I remember my mums face when I turned up in uniform unexpectedly.....

lets hope we get some good memories in a few days...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3