Orbx fan on strike in purchasing more Orbx until we get an update on YMML :-)

MagicTurtleAU

Hi Orbx Team,

Firstly, I'd like to say how much I love your products that I use regularly and have around 75+ products of yours, of which is so great to use especially managed through the Orbx Central App.

I did see a while ago a post on 2022 that you would be working on YMML for MSFS this year, and myself amongst many friends are super excited and looking forward to it!

However, since then radio silence and we are all dying waiting for this product which I'm sure will be amazing when you release it.

So, I'm reaching a point of excitement and frustration not knowing and have put myself on a self-imposed strike of buying any more until you at least give us at least a 1 line update on anything around YMML production.

Please please share any update on where it's at, and then I'll lift my personal ban.. But until then.. no way... lol.

Has it started? Is it still in the plan? Do you have a rough timeframe or just not yet?

Sincerely, Orbx fan.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chumley said:

Don't hold your breath. Not enough sales in Australian destinations.

Not too sure that's the answer to why we still dont have a Tullarmarine up to-date 

But maybe that's the excuse for Asobo/MS leaving us with a Bing satellite that is 9 years out of date:angry:

and missing out on a major update to the sim - as others have been

If it wasn't for Orbx - doing major changes to our cities - Sydney and Brisbane EG - wouldnt have a bridge:rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Heaton said:

But maybe that's the excuse for Asobo/MS leaving us with a Bing satellite that is 9 years out of date:angry:

and missing out on a major update to the sim - as others have been

John,

ad 1)

Maybe Australian officials are a tad too strict when it comes to open areal images to the public. So Google Maps is also not up to date for large parts of Australia. 

And to be fair only for a few small areas Bing is using 9 year old images, which is okay, since anybody not just looking for his private house hardly won't realize any difference.

ad 2)

Australia is one of the lucky regions of the world which have been subject of major update namely World Update VII.

BTW,  it is not too difficult to substitute the default ground textures for certain regions with other areal images including up to date buildings by your own.

There are many tutorials on the web inc. YouTube how to do this.

Edited by wolfko

3 hours ago, wolfko said:

John,

ad 1)

Maybe Australian officials are a tad too strict when it comes to open areal images to the public. So Google Maps is also not up to date for large parts of Australia. 

And to be fair only for a few small areas Bing is using 9 year old images, which is okay, since anybody not just looking for his private house hardly won't realize any difference.

ad 2)

Australia is one of the lucky regions of the world which have been subject of major update namely World Update VII.

BTW,  it is not too difficult to substitute the default ground textures for certain regions with other areal images including up to date buildings by your own.

There are many tutorials on the web inc. YouTube how to do this.

Wolfgang -

I realise that you have some knowledge of Australia and you have been here a few times - and But I live here - and it is one hell of a bugbear 

with me - that MS are trying to sell something that does not represent the real thing. With me - and it isn't just to find my house !! - it's a matter of telling

the truth - and yes - there is probably 80% of simmers - who wouldn't know the difference - whether the Bing Sat maps were 9 years old or not.

Yes! -  Australia may be a lucky country - but it certainly wasn't lucky - as you seem to think - when the Australian Major Update V11 - as you call it

came out a few months ago - because it was the biggest con that I have seen for some time in a marketing sense.

The UPDATE only consisted of 4 airports - Longreach and Mackay (probably done by Orbx)and 2 other regional airfields.

They also included - in the activities section - a tour of - MY GOLD COAST - which - need I say it - was totally Bing circa - 2014. 

If it wasn't for Orbx - a proud Australian company - and their efforts along with a number of smaller Aussie developers - the comment made above

by EasternT3 - would be correct - but Orbx has on its books in Central - 6 City Scapes - 20 airports +a few more from others such as Auscene

-  anyone visiting Australia would have no major cities - or airports - except for default Asobo - (anybody remember Sydney without the bridge??:D

I could go on all day giving examples all over the place where the Information - geographically - is so far behind true OZ - boring the pants of everybody

but enough is enough - and I am happy to use the FORUM for what is a very important subject to this old fella:ph34r:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MagicTurtleAU said:

So, I'm reaching a point of excitement and frustration not knowing and have put myself on a self-imposed strike of buying any more until you at least give us at least a 1 line update on anything around YMML production.

It seems you have confused us with someone who gives a word-not-allowed. Buy something or don't buy something, I don't give a word-not-allowed.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Poor Ozzy's...even after the recent Canada update, my City of Calgary, house and property are very well represented, but my home airport CYYC is not even close. I thought this was a flight simulator, not a Dougies backyard simulator lol. :lol::lol:

hi Doug - I just hope that - when you are FLYING around - in this simulator -  looking to land at your airport - you don't FLY around in ever decreasing circles

until you eventually find the Fundamental Orifice;):rolleyes:

• Like 1

Maybe a simple "we are still working on it and are looking at somewhere 1st quarter 2023".

Some shots get put out on a platform that very few actual buyers would have known about and then nothing afterwards.

I really do understand the reluctance of all devs to state a release date because anything crashing the sim for example would cause grief, however a little mention regularly goes a long way to keeping us informed and stops the arguing going on....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr Smith said:

Maybe a simple "we are still working on it and are looking at somewhere 1st quarter 2023".

Some shots get put out on a platform that very few actual buyers would have known about and then nothing afterwards.

I really do understand the reluctance of all devs to state a release date because anything crashing the sim for example would cause grief, however a little mention regularly goes a long way to keeping us informed and stops the arguing going on....

Well that assumes that there is any progress or commitment, which there may well not be, if there are problems with source matrial or a developer's ability to complete the project.  I'm not sure releasing a statement such as "there's no news on this project at the moment sorry" would serve any purpose.

Best to assume that if and when a project is on track for a release date there will be notification, until then I'd say assume that the developers have no idea on whether it will proceed.

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

Well that assumes that there is any progress or commitment, which there may well not be, if there are problems with source matrial or a developer's ability to complete the project.  I'm not sure releasing a statement such as "there's no news on this project at the moment sorry" would serve any purpose.

Best to assume that if and when a project is on track for a release date there will be notification, until then I'd say assume that the developers have no idea on whether it will proceed.

If there is no commitment to complete any project and I mean any and not specifically YMML when said project has previously been publicised as in the works or shown some progress shots than I'd respectfully suggest letting your client base know is the least anyone should do.

Edited by Dr Smith

3 minutes ago, Dr Smith said:

If there is no commitment to complete any project and I mean any and not specifically YMML when said project has previously been publicised as in the works or shown some progress shots than I'd respectfully suggest letting your client base know is the least anyone should do.

There may be commitment to completing the project but an inability to proceed that is expected to be overcome, but no idea when. All I can say is if and when Orbx is in a position to move forward on a project, they will advise, until then assume that there's some impediment to proceeding and leave it at that. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, John Dow said:

There may be commitment to completing the project but an inability to proceed that is expected to be overcome, but no idea when. All I can say is if and when Orbx is in a position to move forward on a project, they will advise, until then assume that there's some impediment to proceeding and leave it at that. 

See, you've proven my point.  a simple line explaining a possible reason for the delay and we all understand the current situation.

I do sincerely thank you for advising us.

Edited by Dr Smith

3 hours ago, Dr Smith said:

See, you've proven my point.  a simple line explaining a possible reason for the delay and we all understand the current situation.

I do sincerely thank you for advising us.

There already have been given more than one statementj on YMML by Orbx. Using the search function is always a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Totally agree. If Orbx cant/wont proceed then let another dev have a crack. I know for a fact that Axonos were working on YMML for msfs and had almost completed it over 1 year ago just before the aus update landed.

For whatever reason the project was scrapped ( my bet would be because of Orbx).

Now 1 year later we are still waiting. 

2022 roadmap says 2022 now qtr 4 and no news no updates nothing. Really poor business Orbx. 

It is very suprising that this far on in the simulator we still dont have YMML Aus 2nd largest airport. Would love some news like everybody else. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, I2icho84 said:

2022 roadmap says 2022 now qtr 4 and no news no updates nothing.

The topic is called "What we are working on - 2022". It doesn't mean YMML or any product in that topic was defiantly going to be released.

Also there is no other reason why other devs can't have a crack, the other dev excuse is pointless, if another dev wanted to do and release YMML they would.

• Like 2

A couple of issues i have with Orbx is 1. Thier communication with updates and customer service ie. Radio silence.

And 2. Taking any kind of complaints. Almost like us, their customers should be just greatful for what they have and stop complaining. 

Its not all that hard to give updates to keep us in the loop

Hello,

some time ago, Orbx made the decision to remove product support from the forums.

1. writing as someone who spends a great deal of time responding to support tickets, investigating customers' problems, communicating with developers and in most cases, providing the customers with a timely solution to their problems, I wonder at your remark. 

As well as in England, we also have customer support staff in Canada, the USA and Australia.

Between us we provide virtually 24 hour and 365 day cover.

Looking at the system this morning, there is but one unassigned ticket.

This is where the new "radio" is and if you have a question ask it here. Submit a request – Orbx Simulation Systems (orbxdirect.com)

2. Product updates are provided in a timely manner by opening Orbx Central and seeing the update notifications at the top before installing them.

Development updates are supplied in these forums. Usually, they are supplied once and then they are there for any enquiring customers to find.

3. Complaints are received and dealt with using the support system as well. I can tell you that there are relatively few "complaints" versus requests for features

and requests for help.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Unless you want to spend the majority of your time going inside terminals and "driving" around, there is a very good YMML (updated Oct 2022) on a well known MSFS freeware site from which you can do realistic taxiing, departing and arrivals.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/20/2022 at 9:39 PM, wolfko said:

There already have been given more than one statementj on YMML by Orbx. Using the search function is always a good idea.

I did use the search function, only to find a reference to an Instagram post.

• Like 1