Introducing LEAS Asturias Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

7.thumb.jpg.f29f8d28755214326f342d90b099a528.jpg

We are pleased to announce that one of the most scenic airports in Spain has finally found its way to Microsoft Flight Simulator!

Located on the northern coast by the bay of Biscay, LEAS Asturias Airport is situated beautifully with an ocean view bringing something for most simmers to enjoy. With a strong domestic route network including Madrid, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca and inter-Europe destinations like Paris and London the airliner simmer to put their A320s for a spin.

Northern Spain, famous for its shifting weather and strong winds, offers an equally challenging and beautiful approach with the mountain range in the south and the cliffside towards the ocean to the north. 

Originally released for P3D, acclaimed developer Marcus Nyberg is now bringing this pearl to be enjoyed on Microsoft Flight Simulator. With enhanced ground textures, beautiful new clutter and GSE, new custom animated jetways, airside traffic and optional statics, it is a visual feast and upgrade from the P3D experience. For customers owning the P3D release, you are getting a 20% discount when purchased through OrbxDirect.  

At a glance

• Full Asturias Airport in high detail and beautiful texture work
  • Custom animated airside traffic by Nool
  • New high-definition moving jetways
  • Handcrafted approach light objects & taxiway lights
  • Optional statics 

3.thumb.jpg.1993908a1acdd14948a49cb8ef56c00e.jpg

17.thumb.jpg.970131fc07733b7a8a18c7ff888d32ad.jpg

27.thumb.jpg.4cb0879481d0e1adb3d7f5c43b52bfb5.jpg

24.thumb.jpg.7d04d13f7cdde71c75dec0959a790f65.jpg

16.thumb.jpg.705049967bb2be65643c4963b613e0b9.jpg

23.thumb.jpg.caed3fe4cedf41270c6dd64bfa084b53.jpg

29.thumb.jpg.68303d5819eb8ff77eb5467f74f7e62c.jpg

30.thumb.jpg.9afe9862b448fa04a20b2885c01e8d3f.jpg

38.thumb.jpg.a91102960c4658877b5a8530be35a03a.jpg

40.thumb.jpg.1b7d51731667ba01aaf22faaa595bd7d.jpg

36.thumb.jpg.61e61b1ed308d3e21f7639e81820f82e.jpg

39.thumb.jpg.d6315dcf78798932a3e1c4a6f9957b7a.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.c3541cc38942e50ff6501f545fe0a5b6.jpg

28.thumb.jpg.b81912d7286c6f68426a6f9ed7925d57.jpg

31.thumb.jpg.572acfac602da56b1626db42097d0cc4.jpg

43.thumb.jpg.75007a5dda0fa4fd7e0565d3ece29876.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.818ba889f0b510f3730c7366749d5851.jpg

37.thumb.jpg.590e43eb36b285f58300237a3eb69b4e.jpg

14.thumb.jpg.a0e91b0bcc727b7d3d0d6df635faeff3.jpg

13.thumb.jpg.1f808ab08ba8d6c22bbe96953f72d79b.jpg

35.thumb.jpg.2a51418c7d3be21dbd3dde1a164bf3af.jpg

• Like 9

• Marcus Nyberg changed the title to Introducing LEAS Asturias Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator!
  • Ed Correia unlocked this topic

this looks a nice add on, just asking is it possible to indicate which addons are in house please? I can see who this is done by but some others I am not sure about, maybe there is already a filter within Central or Direct...

Edited by wain71
more info
  • Like 1

Greetings! First of all, congrats to @Marcus Nyberg for his impressive work. I am a pilot who flies regularly to LEAS and I wanted to point out some innacuracies of the airport that I hope can be corrected before launch.

First of all, the light poles are now painted red and white:

IpX0IU0.jpeg

tMhNPLv.jpg

l7NT4n6.jpg

Also, the head of the runway 11 it is completely free of obstacles and has no vegetation

S9Xrrhq.jpg

Another thing is that the east side of the general aviation parkings (The grass zone) is more elevated IRL. You can't barely see the tail of the planes when they taxi to the holding point of the 29, just the top tip (only if it's a 737). I can provide video of that area in private. They also revamped the entire airport lightning a few months ago, i may have a video of that, have to check.

If more photos or videos are needed, I can provide them, you just need to ask! I hope this helped, I can't wait to fly there also in the sim :D

Edited by Astur
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

What an illusion it makes me to have the airport of my state in MSFS and looking at the captures I see that the walkways are in transparent glass and the flags of my country, my community and Europe in the P3d version were never there and the dark gates were never updated, but I am very happy about this great news, I am even beginning to believe that my airport photos that I sent to Orbx were worth it. It's possible.....

received_398897725685005.jpeg

A little history of LEAS On June 18, 1968, the first commercial flight to Madrid took off from Asturias Airport with 29 passengers. The plane, a Foker F-27, flew at a speed of 428 kilometers per hour, supported a maximum takeoff weight of 18,000 kilos and could carry 44 passengers. Thirty-five years later, on October 9, 2003, an Airbus A340/300 took off from the same airport bound for New York with 241 passengers, flying at a speed of 890 kilometers per hour, with a maximum takeoff weight of 260,000 kilograms. and be able to transport up to 260 passengers. The contrast between these two operations can indicate the evolution of air transport in our region.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Socata said:

What an illusion it makes me to have the airport of my state in MSFS and looking at the captures I see that the walkways are in transparent glass and the flags of my country, my community and Europe in the P3d version were never there and the dark gates were never updated, but I am very happy about this great news, I am even beginning to believe that my airport photos that I sent to Orbx were worth it. It's possible.....

Im sorry if i didnt take action if you contacted me! The flags should have been added for sure, that was a miss on my end. Hope this new version will cover what you initially missed.

Check your email, ive sent you a message!

16 hours ago, Astur said:

Greetings! First of all, congrats to @Marcus Nyberg for his impressive work. I am a pilot who flies regularly to LEAS and I wanted to point out some innacuracies of the airport that I hope can be corrected before launch.

First of all, the light poles are now painted red and white:

IpX0IU0.jpeg

tMhNPLv.jpg

l7NT4n6.jpg

Also, the head of the runway 11 it is completely free of obstacles and has no vegetation

S9Xrrhq.jpg

Another thing is that the east side of the general aviation parkings (The grass zone) is more elevated IRL. You can't barely see the tail of the planes when they taxi to the holding point of the 29, just the top tip (only if it's a 737). I can provide video of that area in private. They also revamped the entire airport lightning a few months ago, i may have a video of that, have to check.

If more photos or videos are needed, I can provide them, you just need to ask! I hope this helped, I can't wait to fly there also in the sim :D

Thanks again for all information, i will address the things brought up in this post!

6 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Looks very nice indeed and not done by others which is even nicer

Thanks Carlos! :)

16 hours ago, Nicky Bird said:

This will be a day one purchase for me! I loved the p3d version and have been waiting ever since transitioning to msfs! Love this and I can’t wait! 

Thank you Nick, that makes me very happy to hear :)

16 hours ago, MasonDominique said:

Great news ! Another Orbx airport !

Can we expect full GSX jetways compatibility ?

best

Dom Mason

thanks! To be honest I haven’t tried it with GSX but the jetways are made according to the SDK so I assume they will work fine. If there are GSX issues I’m sure we can have a look at that. Need to get GSX myself i think :) 

On 8/10/2022 at 8:25, Marcus Nyberg said:

¡Lo siento si no tomé medidas si me contactaste! Las banderas deberían haberse agregado con seguridad, eso fue un error de mi parte. Espero que esta nueva versión cubra lo que inicialmente te perdiste.

¡Revisa tu correo electrónico, te he enviado un mensaje!

Hello Marcus, I have sent you an email with a lot of information of your interest in case you want to take it into account.
all the best

There is only one scenery of Seville airport, I know it but it´s  an old version and I was looking for your quality standard as a designer, I got ESMS Malmo, ESGG Gothenburg and ESSB Stockholm Bromma, and now waiting for LEAS Asturias. Many thanks

Edited by jllozanocues

11 hours ago, jllozanocues said:

There is only one scenery of Seville airport, I know it but it´s  an old version and I was looking for your quality standard as a designer, I got ESMS Malmo, ESGG Gothenburg and ESSB Stockholm Bromma, and now waiting for LEAS Asturias. Many thanks

That is very kind of you. Who knows, might happen some day if we get good references :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Er!k said:

Already departing here! What a nice surprise! @Marcus Nyberg Another aircraft landed and asked ATC to park, but ATC says 'Taxi to GA parking' instead of gate XXX. Can this be fixed in an update?

Nice!

We can set airline codes for the gates, might direct the AI there instead. With my testing when they said taxi to general aviation parking they parked at the gates though. Plus there isn't any general aviation parking really, there are just none-gate parkings. The general aviation parking is the area in the east corner of the tarmac (AG01-AG08) but as it interferes with parking 09 they are not enabled in the scenery.

Still a bit confused about the logics of the built in ATC and AI system.

8 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Nice!

We can set airline codes for the gates, might direct the AI there instead. With my testing when they said taxi to general aviation parking they parked at the gates though. Plus there isn't any general aviation parking really, there are just none-gate parkings. The general aviation parking is the area in the east corner of the tarmac (AG01-AG08) but as it interferes with parking 09 they are not enabled in the scenery.

Still a bit confused about the logics of the built in ATC and AI system.

From what I remember you have two properties of a parking, don't know the right terms:

- Parking name (Gate, Parking etc.)

- Parking type (GATE SMALL, GATE MEDIUM, RAMP_GA LARGE etc.)

If the name is set to GATE + number ATC says 'Taxi to gate XXX'. If this is set to parking ATC will refer to General Aviation.

4 minutes ago, Er!k said:

From what I remember you have two properties of a parking, don't know the right terms:

- Parking name (Gate, Parking etc.)

- Parking type (GATE SMALL, GATE MEDIUM, RAMP_GA LARGE etc.)

If the name is set to GATE + number ATC says 'Taxi to gate XXX'. If this is set to parking ATC will refer to General Aviation.

That is how it is set up. You can't add an animated jetway to a spot if it is not labeled as GATE.

I think the problem being the airline labels. Right now there are airline codes for two of the normal parking I just noticed, must have put the codes on the wrong spots for some reason, I can adjust that in a patch to direct them to the gates.

But just to be clear, all jetways are GATES, all other parkings are RAMP. ATC should still direct them to a specific parking, why it is not doing that I have no clue.

6 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

That is how it is set up. You can't add an animated jetway to a spot if it is not labeled as GATE.

I think the problem being the airline labels. Right now there are airline codes for two of the normal parking I just noticed, must have put the codes on the wrong spots for some reason, I can adjust that in a patch to direct them to the gates.

But just to be clear, all jetways are GATES, all other parkings are RAMP. ATC should still direct them to a specific parking, why it is not doing that I have no clue.

Thanks for the explanation. Probably Su10 messed something up then. Anyway the airport is great! Just departed at dawn to Girona and a great take-off on 29 towards the east!

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 9:04 PM, jllozanocues said:

I´m sorry, I wanted to say your standard of quality.

Hello guys, surely many of us did not know of the existence of the AirAsturias airline in the past, today I share a little with you to have some more information.

Total thanks to Marcus Niberg for such laborious work, I hope in the future the other areas that run through Asturias can be studied.
Thank you.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Asturias

fbw textures: https://es.flightsim.to/file/16014/a32nx-a320neo-air-asturias

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.10.17 - 15.04.24.45.png

• Like 1

• Orbx locked this topic