Introducing the multi-role utility workhorse: Pacific Aerospace 750 XSTOL for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Inspired choice!

Takes me back to watching the Cresco's working the farms behind where I lived in NZ,& in the Wanganui sheep farm hill country & around Taihape.

Used to fly a freeware version in FSX & this is very welcome in MSFS.

Hope it sells well.

TTM 

PS - Is this an Orbx In House development or a 3rd party Partner product? Visuals look very good.

Edited by TigerTigerM
  • Like 1

Thx, looks very interesting. I didnt know this plane. Perhaps its the first time when I see it however I saw quite similar model for FSX as agricultural version but I do not know if it is the same plane. It's hard to say it's a beautiful plane (oops :D ) but the model looks very well done! Crg for authors!

Perhaps I will wait for Marketplace version due that now Im still enjoyed my last purchases and my hangar is fully ;).

Edited by YoYo

If you do add a few more liveries for the Top Dressing version, can I suggest "Wanganui Aero Work Ltd"?

The image is the Fletcher FU-24-950, which is a predecessor of the Cresco, which itself is a predecessor of the 750 XSTOL.

The Fletcher/Cresco fertilizer top dressing runs over  hill country farms are very spectacular & often involved diving down about 20' above the paddock then pulling up into a steep climb followed by a wing over & top dressing pass going back the other way.

WA.jpg

Here is an example of the type of country they operate in in New Zealand & the makeshift airstrips they use.

TTM

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, John Burgess said:

Love the video. Now I understand why the agricultural version had that door in the roof :lol:

All the best,

John

Yes, in at the top, out the bottom.

The Pilot & Loader/Driver are a team & a good team can turn the aircraft around very quickly.

Fertilizer spreading is usually carried out early morning or at dusk, needing very low wind to avoid drift.

& often the FU-24's had minimum muffling and you could hear them miles away. 

The aircraft itself is very strong & powerful. The biggest risks are engine failure on take off and power line strikes.

There was an emergency dump lever for the former & wire cutting edges on the wings for the latter, but unfortunately it is a high risk occupation with attendant fatalities.

TTM

• Thanks 1

Just fantasic, it sure brought a tear to the eye. I have watched the highs and lows

of the top dressing industry in New Zealand for 70+ years and it still puts a chill

up the spine to see the skill of these guys. Yes and unfortunately it is a job that brings it's

share of accidents. Without these guys NZ would not have the farming industry that we see

today. We would also not have a great flight sim experience without Orbx & Partners.

Keep up the good work.

Kevin

• Like 1

19 hours ago, YoYo said:

Not yet, it was really soon ;).

Well, I hope it is released by this weekend.:)

Coming down the pike is the MSFS 40th Anniversary event on November 11th, [if they don't postpone it]

Given that that event has quite a few free aircraft that will divert attention from any payware releases, Orbx has about a month to release & promote the 750 XSTOL before attention is side lined to the much awaited DC-3, and so on.

TTM

• Orbx unpinned and locked this topic