Opinions please.

Aussieflyer38

3 hours ago, renault said:

Hi Paul

@Sniper31

Kudo's to you in finding a "local" for Don :)

I've copied Landon as he would know what the power consumption of the processor would be,

Looking at the specs the only thing that pops out at me is the power supply wattage . 

I have a 3070ti and it is a really nice card for 1440p .  It also takes a surprising amount of power , compared to the RTX 3070.

It is rated at max power draw of  290 watts and the following screenshot of a stress test I did on my system

shows at 98% utilization at 60 fps, it is using 282 watts, so I believe the max of 290 is correct.

Stress-Test-Screenshot-365.jpg

My processor is a i7 9700k which takes 95w max.  I'm a little concerned that a 750w psu might be a bit light and possibly a 850w would be a better fit

I defer to Landon's expertise on this , if he could advise please.

Cheers

Pete

HI Pete, thanks for the input. If you check my latest post, I've done this, on Landon's advice, and a few other things. Hopefully this will work out, and we all can go back to flying.:)

Don

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

HI Pete, thanks for the input. If you check my latest post, I've done this, on Landon's advice, and a few other things. Hopefully this will work out, and we all can go back to flying.:)

Don

Hi Don

But this is a lot of fun too :)

I've never had any problems with helping to spend other peoples money :lol::lol::lol: !!

In all seriousness , we are all pleased to help:).  I think it is coming together really nicely, and if

you can go for it, you will be extremely pleased with how well it works for years to come.

You will really enjoy your hobby again 

All the best!

Cheers

Pete

• Like 4

1 minute ago, renault said:

Hi Don

But this is a lot of fun too :)

I've never had any problems with helping to spend other peoples money :lol::lol::lol: !!

In all seriousness , we are all pleased to help:).  I think it is coming together really nicely, and if

you can go for it, you will be extremely pleased with how well it works for years to come.

You will really enjoy your hobby again 

All the best!

Cheers

Pete

Thanks Pete. I noticed that with my wife as well, she never has any problems spending my money:D. My CC is burning my hand, so I think I'd better place the order before I do more damage and can't hold the joystick:D.

I think I covered everything Landon mentioned to change, well as much as $$ would allow, so here we go. If I place the order now, I'll have it for the weekend, which would be nice - I hope, installs permitting:wacko: 

Later I hope to get around to posting a few pics I did last week. After all this techy stuff it'll be like some R&R:lol:

Don

• Like 2

Don, sorry if you've been waiting on me to chime in here. I say "Pull the trigger and buy it!". I think you have set it up well with all of the comments from this whole thread. If you've already bought it, well then, I can't wait to hear how great it is for you when you get it and have it all set up at home :) 

And no worries, I don't mind helping peeps on here when I can assist them. I am excited for you! :D

Cheers!

Landon

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Don, sorry if you've been waiting on me to chime in here. I say "Pull the trigger and buy it!". I think you have set it up well with all of the comments from this whole thread. If you've already bought it, well then, I can't wait to hear how great it is for you when you get it and have it all set up at home :) 

And no worries, I don't mind helping peeps on here when I can assist them. I am excited for you! :D

Cheers!

Landon

Landon I don't expect you to be hanging by the "whatnots" :D to add your comments, you have other things to do and I appreciate the HUGE amount of input/advice you have given me. Yes the purchase is done, and I'm pretty excited too. As you will have read, I made a few changes/additions you suggested, that I hope will make it just a bit better than my original choice. It was a bit touch and go at the bank, you may have seen on the news that OPTUS had a huge scare with scammers or whatever they are getting into the account details of millions of their customers, so it put a scare into ALL banks here, so any transactions into a few thousand meant extra verification. It all went okay in the end, just a PITA to go through. Hopefully I might get it Friday, but if not Monday, so not long to wait. I might have to hit you up about the files transfers, but I'll leave that for another time and who knows maybe, just maybe I'll manage it;)

Don  

• Like 3

I'd be looking at the clock counting down the hours, looking up the road for the delivery truck.....best of luck with it, sounds like a great system, I get really excited when I even just upgrade a component....

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, wain71 said:

I'd be looking at the clock counting down the hours, looking up the road for the delivery truck.....best of luck with it, sounds like a great system, I get really excited when I even just upgrade a component....

Thanks Wayne, going to be a bit of a task getting it all set up, not looking forward to that, but I think it will be sooo good when done and running. Doesn't matter how old you are, when you love doing something, it's really exciting to have something new.

Don

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wain71 said:

Same with me Wayne, same with me. I am constantly tracking shipments, looking out my window etc. Like a kid indeed :D

9 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Thanks Wayne, going to be a bit of a task getting it all set up, not looking forward to that, but I think it will be sooo good when done and running. Doesn't matter how old you are, when you love doing something, it's really exciting to have something new.

Don

May I suggest when the new system does arrive Don, savor in the moment, take your time unboxing, and patience is the watch word when setting up. It's all too easy to click on a window during the setup phase and then after, thinking, what did that say? ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

May I suggest when the new system does arrive Don, savor in the moment, take your time unboxing, and patience is the watch word when setting up. It's all too easy to click on a window during the setup phase and then after, thinking, what did that say? ;)

Landon, you have identified one of my big weaknesses. I never used to be like that, but it has become more of an issue as I have grown older :rolleyes:.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, paulb said:

Landon, you have identified one of my big weaknesses. I never used to be like that, but it has become more of an issue as I have grown older :rolleyes:.

It happens to the best of us Paul ^_^ Best thing to do is just embrace it and own it :D

• Like 1