World Update 11 - Canada

paulk

I have downloaded and installed, sadly not had much time to fly any of it yet. I had a quick go but kept getting a connection lost message, even though my internet was all on and working, wondered if it was a Microsoft server issue due demand. Has anyone tried it yet?

• Like 1

WIll take some time to find which of my numerous Canada Addons (Payware and Freeware alike) do work/don't work and are better/worse than the new Default Canada.

Anyway, this looks absolutely stunning. MS/Asobo do a great work with those World Updates.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, pmb said:

WIll take some time to find which of my numerous Canada Addons (Payware and Freeware alike) do work/don't work and are better/worse than the new Default Canada.

Anyway, this looks absolutely stunning. MS/Asobo do a great work with those World Updates.

Kind regards, Michael

Yeap, I'm  about to disable averything for Canada before updating

• Like 1

Had a few good trips, seem to have strange mesh issues near Victoria on Vancouver Islands, like raised lakes. I notice the issue has been raised on MSFS website. Also strange how they didn’t make CN Tower in Toronto as a POI. Although, there is a local airport add on that does replace it. Vancouver Airport add on from FSimStudios looks good, but the boats they add now have strange wake effects. I’m told a fix is only days away. Apart from minor points rest looks good. Should get more time to explore next week. What’s everyone else’s observations, it seems good to me so far. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, paulk said:

Had a few good trips, seem to have strange mesh issues near Victoria on Vancouver Islands, like raised lakes. I notice the issue has been raised on MSFS website. Also strange how they didn’t make CN Tower in Toronto as a POI. Although, there is a local airport add on that does replace it. Vancouver Airport add on from FSimStudios looks good, but the boats they add now have strange wake effects. I’m told a fix is only days away. Apart from minor points rest looks good. Should get more time to explore next week. What’s everyone else’s observations, it seems good to me so far. 

I am not happy with the update Paul.

Apart from Edmunton, the big cities seem to be full of melted buildings and bridges. Toronto and Vancouver are certainly the worst examples.  WU11 seems ok for bush flying but don't go near built-up areas!

It's no wonder that I like True Earth products from Orbx :D.

• Upvote 1

I wonder why that is, NYC is very good and that’s got a lot more buildings. Must be how Asobo have sampled them maybe? 

Orbx there is a great business opportunity here for you guys to do some Canadian cities much like the excellent work you did with the Australian cities (please).

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, paulk said:

I wonder why that is, NYC is very good and that’s got a lot more buildings. Must be how Asobo have sampled them maybe? 

I am not an expert Paul, but the WUs do seem to differ in quality.

So, I suspect that it's not the technology, more a case of what Asobo does with it before release.

11 hours ago, paulk said:

Orbx there is a great business opportunity here for you guys to do some Canadian cities much like the excellent work you did with the Australian cities (please).

I agree

I took this picture just for that porpouse

Can you picture Orbx's magic (landmarks) here?

6.jpg

28 minutes ago, paulk said:

I see it in your reply but still not in your original post it displays a ignition.com fault message. But I agree come on Orbx let’s have a Vancouver Cityscapes.

Thank you I wonder if it is an issue with Imgur....

As I am about to upload a selection of shots I fear they are not displayed...:(

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

it's just that the link is not good, all of your other imgur images are showing fine.

I have repaired your post, so that the image can be seen.

Thank you so much Nick, very much appreciated

Cheers

Carlos

1 hour ago, Bassman said:

What's with "This video is private" on a member forum? The bottom right arrow does take one to Utube pages though???

Sorry. My fault. It is the Canada trailer that I copied from another site. It seems that they didn't like it being copied :unsure:.

• Like 1

Managed to spend a while flying around various parts of Canada. Really beginning to like this update now. I remember something Nick said a long time ago. Fly realistically at a VFR altitude of 1500ft and everything looks ok. Fly a few hundred fleet AGL then the buildings do and will look like jelly. I am happy at VFR 1500ft

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, paulk said:

Managed to spend a while flying around various parts of Canada. Really beginning to like this update now. I remember something Nick said a long time ago. Fly realistically at a VFR altitude of 1500ft and everything looks ok. Fly a few hundred fleet AGL then the buildings do and will look like jelly. I am happy at VFR 1500ft

Yes, Vancouver for instance looks like melted butter but then so does so much MSFS2020 city sceneries not just in Canada. Tried to taxi my 172 float plane up to the Vancouver Harbour Seaplane Base..not a pretty sight;)

Edited by Bassman

On 10/4/2022 at 12:43 AM, paulk said:

I remember something Nick said a long time ago. Fly realistically at a VFR altitude of 1500ft and everything looks ok. Fly a few hundred fleet AGL then the buildings do and will look like jelly. I am happy at VFR 1500ft

True but in November, the helicopters make their official entrance in the sim.

Helicopters are often landing on rooftops, landing pads and free space in big cities.

PG is not suitable for this type of flying.

2 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

True but in November, the helicopters make their official entrance in the sim.

Helicopters are often landing on rooftops, landing pads and free space in big cities.

PG is not suitable for this type of flying.

That depends in large part on your bandwith and of course also on your pc specs and your settings.

I made the experience that lowering my graphic settings on my ancient system improved the looks of pg.

And when all of the others in the family are streaming videos when I am simming, the quality of pg will decrease.

1 hour ago, wolfko said:

That depends in large part on your bandwith and of course also on your pc specs and your settings.

Could be but I see excellent PG cities (Barcelona, Orlando, Tokyo, Seattle to name a few) alternating with bad melted ones (London, Paris, Vancouver) on the same computer and same day. Microsoft (Jorg) already stated that it depends on the source they can get. The original Vancouver PG was better than the version in WU11.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Could be but I see excellent PG cities (Barcelona, Orlando, Tokyo, Seattle to name a few) alternating with bad melted ones (London, Paris, Vancouver) on the same computer and same day. Microsoft (Jorg) already stated that it depends on the source they can get. The original Vancouver PG was better than the version in WU11.

Agree. There are pretty good PG cities like Tokyo and Seattle and letdowns like London and now Vancouver, all on my very same system and bandwith and settings. I tried numerous settings/cacheing approaches to improve London  to  no avail time ago.

I recall Jorg speaking himself about poor data for London and his intent to redo it in the future. Unfortunately this was already quite some time ago and nothing happened since. Even less understandable, they released a redone PG Vancouver and Toronto in the present state. If there were no better data available they should have let them as they were (which was quite acceptable, in my mind).

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3