Very Disappointed

Aussieflyer38

My own opinion of Microsofts latest offering is a poor effort. After all the hype over recent months of what was coming, I expected a lot more in the "bells and whistles" department, and a brass band. I haven't had time to go into in depth and probably won't bother as there is lots of info on Youtube. Thanks to those guys who have pulled it apart and suppled some items of interest. In fact when I started it after the download, apart from a couple of visuals, I thought I was still in the old version.:angry:

Don 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, BradB said:

I must be using a different Sim than you Don , SU10 with DX12 and DLSS is simply amazing 

on my Rig . 

I think some of the disappointment may come from finding that you have to have a Nividia RTX card for DLSS to work with Nividia cards. I didn't read that anywhere until I tried DLSS & the system said my card didn't qualify.

As to DX12 (Beta), - I tried that & was amazed when my FPS went from 30 fps to 60 fps in a test flight region.

However, there is no free lunch.

Although FPS was way up, the visual quality looked 'off'

I then found that in switching to DX12 all my Graphics settings had been reduced to Medium/LOW, hence the FPS boost!

So I am back to old settings, pre SU10 release.

I think there is a slight visual improvement, but the beneficiaries of SU10 appear to be the higher end systems,

TTM

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

I think some of the disappointment may come from finding that you have to have a Nividia RTX card for DLSS to work with Nividia cards. I didn't read that anywhere until I tried DLSS & the system said my card didn't qualify.

As to DX12 (Beta), - I tried that & was amazed when my FPS went from 30 fps to 60 fps in a test flight region.

However, there is no free lunch.

Although FPS was way up, the visual quality looked 'off'

I then found that in switching to DX12 all my Graphics settings had been reduced to Medium/LOW, hence the FPS boost!

So I am back to old settings, pre SU10 release.

I think there is a slight visual improvement, but the beneficiaries of SU10 appear to be the higher end systems,

TTM

I have to agree.  DLSS made my glass cockpit instruments blurry but not the steam gauges, very odd this.  And since DX12 is pointless without the alleged new driver NVIDIA is coming out with I’m back to pre-SU10 settings too.

• Like 4

I am still using TAA and DX11 after SU10. I will try out DX12 sometime.

Anyway, I am quite happy with my sim at the moment but decided to test it.

All settings are ultra on a 3840 by 1600 monitor. I went into developer's mode. I chose a complex aircraft over complex scenery (Aerosoft CRJ and Orbx partner FlyTampa KBOS).

You can see the results in the top right hand corner of the screen.

501203006_2022-09-23(1).thumb.jpg.c0311f53c0a162dae23e76ca3ce48557.jpg

796389951_2022-09-23(2).thumb.jpg.87c0136853df765402a9e36d5c4c6dcf.jpg

1727795822_2022-09-23(3).thumb.jpg.a42ce34a7f479b20e799488637ae54eb.jpg

2015297470_2022-09-23(7).thumb.jpg.b9b5eae7e439561818d17c744beb72db.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

So do you see a degradation Paul?

Well the above shows DX11 and TAA ie my pre SU10 settings. 

I have not tried DX12 yet.

Currently I am quite satisfied with the fluidity of my sim :)

I did the test because I wanted to see if SU10 had impacted on what I had before.

Next I will be trying DX12.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BradB said:

I must be using a different Sim than you Don , SU10 with DX12 and DLSS is simply amazing 

on my Rig . 

My rig is fairly old now John, about six years, so it may not be capable of working DX12 and DLSS. When I have the time, I'll give it a try. I have no idea what is required to run these systems, technology moves so fast these days, my old brain has a big problem keeping up:(  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1