My new girlfriend......

paulb

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shots Paul.  Gosh, what a tiny plane that was.  And look at all those windmills in the distance, hope the birds avoid them :(

Thanks Jack :). Well, in its day, It was quite a big fighter. Look at a Wildcat alongside it (smaller). Yes, I must visit those windmills sometime ;).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caluma65 said:

Great set of shots of my old home Paul.

I lived on Gran Canaria for 3 years almost 20 years ago.  Great place.  Cheers,

Calum

Thanks Calum :). I have only visited the Canary Islands on holidays. Always had hot weather. Beautiful coastline but often quite barren inland.

But with three years there, you probably know better!

• Like 3

Just now, paulb said:

Thanks Calum :). I have only visited the Canary Islands on holidays. Always had hot weather. Beautiful coastline but often quite barren inland.

But with three years there, you probably know better!

I would say that sums up Gran Canaria pretty perfectly.  Cheers,

Calum

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Did you work there Calum or were there with family?  Sorry, just curious.

I worked there.  In Puerto Rico.

I went there on a summer holiday initially with my friends, the best part of 20years ago -  and was offered a job working in a Scottish/Rangers FC Supporters bar, that we had been drinking in every night. 

I wasn't enjoying my course at university at the time, so i went home from my holiday and turned straight back around....with the intention of staying for 3months - and stayed for almost 3 years.

I miss it.  My liver doesn't.  I miss the sunshine.  Cheers,

Calum

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Caluma65 said:

I went there on a summer holiday initially with my friends, the best part of 20years ago -  and was offered a job working in a Scottish/Rangers FC Supporters bar, that we had been drinking in every night. 

I wasn't enjoying my course at university at the time, so i went home from my holiday and turned straight back around....with the intention of staying for 3months - and stayed for almost 3 years.

Calum

You must have had a great time there Calum and kudos to you Rangers fans for the stunning display of the Union Flag, Queens image and singing of the National Anthem at Ibrox the other night. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice shots Paul.  Gosh, what a tiny plane that was.  And look at all those windmills in the distance, hope the birds avoid them :(

Carrier planes had to be small and compact in those days Jack but did this one pack a punch!:)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Caluma65 said:

Calum

Sounds like you had a great time Calum, that’s nice.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful images Paul, of this great plane and of the airport.

A vastly superior plane to the WIldcat that was able to out perform the  Zero. 

Many thanks Martyn :). Interestingly, the Hellcat was the first aircraft used by the 'Blue Angels' (USN display team) in 1946.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

You must have had a great time there Calum and kudos to you Rangers fans for the stunning display of the Union Flag, Queens image and singing of the National Anthem at Ibrox the other night. :)

I really did.  I wish I could wind the clock back for just one day.  Thank you - it was a very impressive display and a very moving rendition and night.  Cheers,

Calum

• Like 3