Jump to content

Purchased through MSFS Marketplace not appearing in Orbx Central


007Marky
 Share

Recommended Posts

Annoyingly purchased made directly through MSFS marketplace do not show up in Orbx Central. Is there any way to link everything together? I understand in order to remove static aircraft from airports this can only be done via Orbx Central. 

I've already paid for the add-ons via the marketplace, I don't want to have to purchase again through Orbx Central. 

Also I can't find any email or form to contact their support, only links to this forum. I was hoping someone could help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2022 at 6:50 PM, BradB said:

Welcome to the forum , the Market Place and Orbx are two separate entities . They are not 

linked in anyway . 
 

Cheers

John

 

Unless we looked in the forums we wouldn't have known. It should have really been made clear through the msfs marketplace that purchasing through there would mean you wouldn't be able to configure through Orbx central. I just want to remove the static aircraft from the airports. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2022 at 10:06 AM, 007Marky said:

Also I can't find any email or form to contact their support, only links to this forum.

 

For official Orbx support, there is a link to submit a trouble ticket in the Public section of this forum.

image.thumb.png.88ec1bab92a16f43f9475aca411f7054.png

 

 

There is also the Orbx Support page. 

There is a link to it at the bottom of the OrbxDirect home page, or just go there directly.

 https://orbxdirect.com/support

 

It has links to the Help Center, Support Ticket, direct email address, and to the forum.

image.thumb.png.159c2dedefedd14a67b0fcc809b0686d.png

 

Hopefully someone on the support staff can help you with a solution for turning off the static aircraft.

 

I agree that it would be nice if the MSFS Marketplace was clear about some of the pros and cons of purchasing through the marketplace versus buying from outside the marketplace.  Since Microsoft/Asobo is making money from sales on their marketplace, they may not be too eager to spell out the cons of purchasing from them, compared to purchasing from outside the marketplace.

 

Edit:

I don't mean to imply than the general pros & cons of using the MSFS Marketplace are significantly different than those of other marketplaces.

The convenience and simplicity of having add-ons/DLC in one place typically comes at the cost of slower updates and perhaps an occasional reduction in functionality from third party products, whether it is the MSFS Marketplace, Steam, or even Orbx Central.

 

It is inherently more difficult for markets to manage products from multiple developers, than for an individual developer to manage their own product.

For instance, if Aerosoft creates an update for a product, they can release it on their own site the moment it is ready.  The other markets that sell that same product need to wait for Aerosoft to provide the update to them and then they need to add it to their market sites and ensure the update will work before releasing it to their customers.  Hence the "slower" release time.

Concerning differences in functionality, many Orbx sceneries have configuration options, like enabling/disabling static aircraft, which I don't think that MSFS or its internal Marketplace can currently do. 

Orbx Central makes changes to the scenery files before you start the sim.  When you start the sim, MSFS just loads up whatever is currently in the scenery folders.  I don't think MSFS (or the Marketplace) currently has the ability to make any scenery file changes once the sim is running.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2022 at 4:55 PM, Matt McGee said:

 

For official Orbx support, there is a link to submit a trouble ticket in the Public section of this forum.

image.thumb.png.88ec1bab92a16f43f9475aca411f7054.png

 

 

There is also the Orbx Support page. 

There is a link to it at the bottom of the OrbxDirect home page, or just go there directly.

 https://orbxdirect.com/support

 

It has links to the Help Center, Support Ticket, direct email address, and to the forum.

image.thumb.png.159c2dedefedd14a67b0fcc809b0686d.png

 

Hopefully someone on the support staff can help you with a solution for turning off the static aircraft.

 

I agree that it would be nice if the MSFS Marketplace was clear about some of the pros and cons of purchasing through the marketplace versus buying from outside the marketplace.  Since Microsoft/Asobo is making money from sales on their marketplace, they may not be too eager to spell out the cons of purchasing from them, compared to purchasing from outside the marketplace.

 

Edit:

I don't mean to imply than the general pros & cons of using the MSFS Marketplace are significantly different than those of other marketplaces.

The convenience and simplicity of having add-ons/DLC in one place typically comes at the cost of slower updates and perhaps an occasional reduction in functionality from third party products, whether it is the MSFS Marketplace, Steam, or even Orbx Central.

 

It is inherently more difficult for markets to manage products from multiple developers, than for an individual developer to manage their own product.

For instance, if Aerosoft creates an update for a product, they can release it on their own site the moment it is ready.  The other markets that sell that same product need to wait for Aerosoft to provide the update to them and then they need to add it to their market sites and ensure the update will work before releasing it to their customers.  Hence the "slower" release time.

Concerning differences in functionality, many Orbx sceneries have configuration options, like enabling/disabling static aircraft, which I don't think that MSFS or its internal Marketplace can currently do. 

Orbx Central makes changes to the scenery files before you start the sim.  When you start the sim, MSFS just loads up whatever is currently in the scenery folders.  I don't think MSFS (or the Marketplace) currently has the ability to make any scenery file changes once the sim is running.

 

The bottom line is that in the fs marketplace each add-on has a description and important things like the fact that you won't be able to remove static aircraft from the store bought version should be clearly written. Here's another suggestion - how about warning you that the scenery has static aircraft, or even better offering two versions of the software. I don't know whether it's Asobo or the third party developer who writes these descriptions in the marketplace, but they should sort it out. I've contact Orbx support about this and given they've had my money I would hope that as a gesture of goodwill given the failings in the marketing on the fs marketplace that they will give me a free download through Orbx central. It's also not explicitly mentioned on their website which is shocking given that it is vital to know. I am still awaiting a response from them.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, 007Marky said:

 I've contact Orbx support about this

Hello,

I am not seeing either your ticket or the name of the product that you have bought that you would like to have a control panel for.

Could you provide the ticket number and the name of the product please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

 

 

 

 

Hello,

I am not seeing either your ticket or the name of the product that you have bought that you would like to have a control panel for.

Could you provide the ticket number and the name of the product please?

 

Ticket 33692

Skiathos

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 007Marky said:

 It's also not explicitly mentioned on their website which is shocking given that it is vital to know. I am still awaiting a response from them.  

 

This is what is written on "their" website:

Key Features

  • Complete airport and island package
  • Highly detailed rendition of Skiathos Airport
  • 2021 custom aerial imagery for airport
  • Complete with PBR textures
  • Meticulous detail landside and airside
  • Custom GSE & static aircraft
  • From developer Matteo Veneziani

The fact that there are static aircraft is mentioned.

There is indeed no mention of a control panel.

 

This is the response to your ticket, written by me, 45 minutes after you sent in your ticket. 

 

Hello,
very few of the current orbx airports have an Orbx central control panel that would allow disabling static aircraft.
As you mention, there is no connection at all between the two marketing media.
I did my best, the forum topic that explains in detail was posted on 31st August 2020, thirteen days after the release
of the simulator.

 

4 hours ago, 007Marky said:

 Here's another suggestion - how about warning you that the scenery has static aircraft, or even better offering two versions of the software. 

 

This is the description at the Marketplace.

 

4.jpg

 

The fact that there are static aircraft is mentioned.

Indeed, there is no mention of a control panel, as the Marketplace does not support product control panels.

I am told that at present, it also does not support the uploading of two versions of the same software.

 

This is the release announcement for LGSK, posted on 5th November 2021, 322 days ago, as of today.

 

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/210929-lgsk-skiathos-now-available-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

 

A control panel is mentioned and it has been available to all Orbx Direct customers since its release.

 

Customers are able to make an informed choice between the two purchasing media.

 

 

 

     

    • Upvote 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

     Share

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      • No registered users viewing this page.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...