5 Monarchs

I realise that I will probably not be the only one  -  because there are one or 2 on here  - who were born 1935 or earlier

but in my time  - there have - now  been 5 Monarchs on the British Throne - despite the penultimate - her Majesty Queen Elizabeth-

remaining on the throne for 70 of those years - IE 4 Kings and 1 Queen

George the 5th - Edward 8th - George 6th -  Elizabeth 2nd - and now Charles 3rd

Just another measure of just how old - one is  :rolleyes::(

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

That is really interesting, John. I'm about to be eighty and am often surprised to realize the events I've lived through. You have quite a history book in your hands, old mate.

I usually use a measure of how old I am by comparing myself with the age of items that have come after my leap from the womb

EG Sydney Harbour Bridge - the Spitfire - even the tiger moth and the Beeechcraft 18 - but I have just come across one older than me

- the De Havilland Comet (a wooden forerunner of the DH Mosquito) - and which won one of the air races from England to Australia

Screenshot 2022-09-10 132447.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-10 132551.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I have just read that for 90 % of the world´s population there are only two: QE2 and the "newbie" (if he may be called like in any other job).

I dread to think as to how the Irish will pronounce is title - "The THIRD !!!! :D

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I have just read that for 90 % of the world´s population there are only two: QE2 and the "newbie" (if he may be called like in any other job).

Yep, I belong to these 90 %.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1