Best Place To Get Airport Charts

shane2801

1 hour ago, shane2801 said:

Hi everyone. I pay a monthly subscription to Navigraph which is great but I need to cut back as its quite expensive. Can anyone advise a site where I can get airport charts for free or fora small charge?

Free airport ones for Australia - Airservices Australia AIS - DAP 171 - Aerodrome & Procedure Charts

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, shane2801 said:

Sorry mate but youve lost me. When I click on Sky Vector where do i click to get this chart? 

Nothing to do with Skyvector - go to what I told you Originally - it was the other John (Brad) who mention Sky vector

Airservices Australia AIS - DAP 171 - Aerodrome & Procedure Charts

Then Look up the Alphabetic Sydney  - and follow my last instructions -  which will give you all the ILS runways - 80-% way

down the list after stars

3 hours ago, wain71 said:

navigraph is less then £10 per month, 3 coffees cost me more, it's well worth it.....

Wayne - MMMM?? - I have thought about Navmap for some time - but it sounds expensive

so -  in relative terms to your coffee - that is some 120 pounds per year - ($A180) - 

which will buy me a number of sceneries or aircraft and/or -  is more expensive  than Microsoft's Game Pass where I get

a choice of 100 games ($A15/m) - all the new ones as well - I just today downloaded the brand new Train Sim 3 - and Sniper 5

4 weeks ago as well as the MS flightsim.

What advantage would I have over my use of Little map that has airfield diagrams -  sids and stars - ILS routes and the

sim's own World Map doesn't let me down -either ?

I have to admit that I don't do tubes - only Biz jets but I still fly where I want - by all the airways - even at  51000 ft in the

freeware Bombardier 600 :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

Wayne - MMMM?? - I have thought about Navmap for some time - but it sounds expensive

so -  in relative terms to your coffee - that is some 120 pounds per year - ($A180) - 

which will buy me a number of sceneries or aircraft and/or -  is more expensive  than Microsoft's Game Pass where I get

a choice of 100 games ($A15/m) - all the new ones as well - I just today downloaded the brand new Train Sim 3 - and Sniper 5

4 weeks ago as well as the MS flightsim.

What advantage would I have over my use of Little map that has airfield diagrams -  sids and stars - ILS routes and the

sim's own World Map doesn't let me down -either ?

I have to admit that I don't do tubes - only Biz jets but I still fly where I want - by all the airways - even at  51000 ft in the

freeware Bombardier 600 :)

Yeah John you are correct, I'm happy to pay the 8 quid per month for what I get, it suits the type of flying I do, I use an app called a pilots life to get my flights, that links to simbrief and to my charts.. I use little nav map for my GA stuff and that works fine to...horses for courses I guess... I find the planning and reading the charts interesting....

I was really just giving an option and just pointing out that monthly it's not what I would call expensive....

By the way thanks for posting the 2 Honda videos...top man...

• Upvote 4