Visiting the Great Barrier Reef

bernd1151

This is a trip you normally don’t do too often in your life, maybe once or twice. The beauty is, here in our sim, we can do it as often as we want.

We have left Cairns on a Green Island Cat to bring us to Green Island. Green Island is a beautiful, 6000-year old coral cay located on the Great Barrier Reef and just over an hour boat ride from Cairns.

1a.jpg

Once on Green Island we don’t have too much time for snorkeling, as our private yacht is already under steam so to speak to bring us to Hamilton Island.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1b.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Once on Hamilton Island we have a few days to relax and cruise in creature comfort the area, before we board a plane that will bring us to another destination, called Reefworld. It is located in Hardy Reef, some 40nm offshore and only a short hop from Hamilton Island

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

This ship looks more like a war ship, but is in reality a privately owned explorer-type luxury yacht

11.jpg

12.jpg

A Royal Tongan plane you won't see every day in Australian waters :)

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

• Like 8

22 hours ago, paulb said:

An excellent set Bernd. Well done! :).  I too sometimes take a relaxing boat trip in the sim.

Many thanks, Paul. I love doing occasional trips with one of the Cunard and White Star ships available for MSFS :)

22 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow Bernd, I can almost smell the ocean, it's excellent!

Hahaha, thanks, buddy

22 hours ago, mikee said:

Beautiful set of shots Bernd :)

Thanks a lot, Mikee

21 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Excellent pictures from your holiday trip, Bernd, sorry to read you...

At least we won´t loose our memories of such trips.

Many thanks, Gerold. Maybe I expressed it wrongly. Such trips I still love to do. I was more referring to traveling on large private yachts. So far I have done that only once. Too expensive :D

20 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

What a fun adventure Bernd! Great job composing this together with the short story and great images :)  Good fun! :D

Thank you very much for commenting, Landon

20 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you kindly

19 hours ago, BradB said:

+1 - :):)

Many thanks, John

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Beautiful captures from a different perspective Bernd. I do that quite often myself. :D 

Thanks a lot, Adam, it can be really fun to explore a small part of this world by boat

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

I love doing occasional trips with one of the Cunard and White Star ships available for MSFS

I have purchased a few cruiseboats and yachts so far Bernd. I think I need an aircraft carrier next! ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1