Night flight - London City to Edinburgh

Jack Sawyer

MSFS

Orbx's EGLC, GB North, & EGPH

This was a night flight I made last night.  It was amazing, the first planned 737 flight at night at all went well until approach.  I wanted to do an autoland but like other times it never captured the glideslope so I had landed it.  It was still excellent.

And dressed out in Speedbird colors.

VenlF57.jpg

pxkWrhr.jpg

XnndtF3.jpg

iaCXK1K.jpg

• Like 7

Nice set Jack.

Do you use Little Navmap? I find it very handy for ILS/Autoland approaches as the 'green' feathers show you the ILS route onto the runway & helps with alignment.

When I enter the feathers after coming towards the ILS Rwy on AP, VNAV, LNAV & autothrottle, I  hit LOC, then APR & then the  2nd AP button.

I have had several successful 737-600, 700 & 800 Autoloading's, & several misses.

It appears that the approach height when you enter the feathers is quite sensitive & I usually come in on the low side, around 1,800' to 2,000'. I have overshot several times approaching the ILS descent section at 3,000'.

TTM

Edited by TigerTigerM
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice set Jack.

Do you use Little Navmap? I find it very handy for ILS/Autoland approaches as the 'green' feathers show you the ILS route onto the runway & helps with alignment.

When I enter the feathers after coming towards the ILS Rwy on AP, VNAV, LNAV & autothrottle, I  hit LOC, then APR & then the  2nd AP button.

I have had several successful 737-600, 700 & 800 Autoloading's, & several misses.

It appears that the approach height when you enter the feathers is quite sensitive & I usually come in on the low side, around 1,800' to 2,000'. I have overshot several times approaching the ILS descent section at 3,000'.

TTM

Thanks TTM.  I used to use it with P3D but it did something I didn’t like, I forget exactly as it’s been a while.  Yes, this sim is different on G/S capture in all planes.  I don’t know if it’s more realistic or not.  I use SimBrief to create a plane and then use the desktop app and it locates it in PMDG’s flight plan folder so very nicely.  As for the plates, I use free online approach plates from AirNav I think it is.

• Like 1